2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have now officially joined the wait list for the Civic. Just been to the dealers took a quick test drive and made my order. They are expecting to recieve my car around the 1st September (give or take a couple of days) and I should be able to take delivery probably around the end of the 1st week in September.

Gone for the 1.8 EX in Blueish Silver with the rear view camera. Delaer's put the mats in as part of the on-the-road price and also took the GAP insurance (just to be on the safe side).

So now starts the long 2 weeks of waiting before I get my Civic. Quite a difference between the Civic and my current 206, Civic is so much lighter on the pedals and steering. Got back in my 206 after ordering and it felt like I was driving a bus :lol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice choice of car mate, I'm sure you'll love it

Unguided said:
So now starts the long 2 weeks of waiting before I get my Civic.
:lol: you should read here! :roll:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not long to go now Unguided. Bet the two weeks have flown by (spare a thought for those who have to wait until October) !

Let us know how you get on with the pick up, first impressions etc

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup the first week went by fairly quickly, with one horrible long day at work that really dragged. Hopefully hear from the dealer this week my official pick up date. October will come soon enough Newboy, whilst I've been quite fortunate with order to delivery it has been a long wait though. I originally looked at the Civic back in April, at that time though I was also waiting for the Peugeot 207 to come out. Then the reviews for it started coming out and it took a bit of a hammering, especially the 1.6 that I was going to get as I felt the 1.4 wouldn't really pull the heavier 207 around like it pulls the 206 around.

Yup I know who would have thought a 206 feeling like a bus, that was the 1st car I had with power steering and when I got it, it felt really nice to drive but going back to it straight after my Civic test drive it felt like driving without power steering. I know lots of reviews of the car say it can feel heavy especially gear chaning but coming from a 205 I never really felt it and thought what are they talking about. I can see what they are talking about now though after driving the Civic though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just managed to flick thro the motoring section of the sunday paper we got where one of the journos said he prefered the new corsa to the 207 and Clio, his favourite supermini being the new Yaris. Biased of course but I think you've done the right thing choosing a Civic over the 207, even if it is a class of car bigger/higher.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dunno, the 207 has very similar size specs to the Civic so could be put in the same class. The one thing that everyone seems to be currently overlooking is that they are calling the 207 the replacement for the 206, but the 206 will still be made. Eventually the 207 will no doubt become the main 20x range. However I think they've dropped the ball with the 207, by using the same engines in a heavier car, it lost the nip that it usually has. Hopefully the BMW/Peugeot eninge will change that but it's not in the right model for me, really need a 5 door car and the new engine will only be in a 3dr.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not long now, dealer rang today to say car has arrived and I will be able to pick ot up on Tuesday. Just gotta get through the weekend now.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Unguided said:
Not long now, dealer rang today to say car has arrived and I will be able to pick ot up on Tuesday. Just gotta get through the weekend now.
Did you know, this is the longest weekend of the year and the 'weekend compressed time syndrome' where time flies as you enjoy yourself is going into reverse :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if time is going to go in reverse enjoying myself, maybe I should voulnteer for the overtime at work this weekend, wouldn't enjoy that so time will go even quicker :wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
206 feels like a bus? Try a 307 :-(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah, I think I'll stay with the Civic.

Although I've not got to wait until Wednesday, they can't tax the car until my insurance on it is valid which will be 5pm Tuesday, which then legally means I can't drive my 206 to work on Weds or pick up my Civic :roll:

Oh well at least my dad can drive me there :wink:

AT least I have seen my new baby though, had to take the insurance note down to them so they can get the car taxed, and it was just going through their car wash. Camera was installed and working fine, had a quick look the car looks good, but will take a longer look on Weds with the pickup check list.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts