2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick up my 2011 type r at 1:00 tomorrow , its like christmas eve today , wanted an ep3 years ago and ended up driving a sport , now finally i can drive something worthy of the red badge :) , just a quick question , do all ctr gts come with parking sensors , dealer says it doesnt have them even though they made the "mistake" of saying it did on the website. I didn't do any reversing on the test drive and couldn't see the tell tale button marks on the bumper , also the vtec light was on all the time, is this an option that can be changed?

·
Administrator
15,507 Posts
Pick up my 2011 type r at 1:00 tomorrow , its like christmas eve today , wanted an ep3 years ago and ended up driving a sport , now finally i can drive something worthy of the red badge :) , just a quick question , do all ctr gts come with parking sensors , dealer says it doesnt have them even though they made the "mistake" of saying it did on the website. I didn't do any reversing on the test drive and couldn't see the tell tale button marks on the bumper , also the vtec light was on all the time, is this an option that can be changed?
hi mate, bet your excited. parking sensors are an optional extra and yes you can disable the vtec lights in the control panel

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Parking sensors are not standard fitment.

VTEC light should not be permanently lit, only when you are into the rev range for VTEC. Get the dealer to sort it as that is not right.

If it's the wording i-Vtec there is an option to turn that on all the time (which I have done)

There is also another small, round, red shift light that can be enabled to come on once the car is revving high enough i.e over 5.5k rpm. I also have that enabled.

It depends which one is permanently lit, if it's the wording that's right, if it's the round red light then it shouldn't be lit all the time...

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's the wording i-Vtec there is an option to turn that on all the time (which I have done)

There is also another small, round, red shift light that can be enabled to come on once the car is revving high enough i.e over 5.5k rpm. I also have that enabled.

It depends which one is permanently lit, if it's the wording that's right, if it's the round red light then it shouldn't be lit all the time...
It was the words ivtec on the top right corner of the dash( i presumed this to be the vteccing light) , to be honest i was really concentrating on driving so didnt notice any other lights lol , car still has 2 years warranty so if there are any problems i will get them sorted , its only done 3000 miles :)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
It was the words ivtec on the top right corner of the dash( i presumed this to be the vteccing light) , to be honest i was really concentrating on driving so didnt notice any other lights lol , car still has 2 years warranty so if there are any problems i will get them sorted , its only done 3000 miles :)

Then that is fine ;)

You can turn it off should you wish, have a play with the settings once to get the car :)

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well todays the day :) feel like a kid on christmas morning , just a quick question , i have seen the guides on parking sensor installs but really dont fancy doing it myself , can anyone advise of a decent installer in the north west that wont charge me the earth ?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked it up , all i can say is this thing is insane , its a car i'm going to have to learn to drive and i'm going to enjoy doing it :)

·
Registered
245 Posts

am I been thick, is the red dot not just indication that the vtec has kicked in? the rev indicators on the left are to tell you when to shift. and i didnt think the red dot was an option, only the i-vtec wording which is purley for show?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/IMG]

Here she is !!!
Best picture ive got at the moment and took me ages to work out how to upload from my ipad lol, absolutely love it !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts