2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 56 plate model, not sure what version of DVD I have but it isn't the latests.

By upgrading to 3.23 apart from the new maps and and nearest POIs being in France.

What extra features do you get by running the latest firmware?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say upgrade do you mean the new discs?

Well the maps are nearly 3 years old so I am looking at upgrading just for the new maps. Just wondering if there are other benifits

Although I'm not keen on paying honda that sort of money.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
When you say upgrade do you mean the new discs?

Well the maps are nearly 3 years old so I am looking at upgrading just for the new maps. Just wondering if there are other benifits

Although I'm not keen on paying honda that sort of money.
When you buy the latest discs, they will have new maps and upgraded FW. The main benefit is the map upgrade.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,749 Posts
The latest firmware will give you :

a) New bottom bar layout to show the scale limitations of the TMC.

b) As you travel around roundabouts, in navigation mode, it now displays the actual roundabout map layout whilst displaying and continually updating your actual progress around the roundabout.
This means you no longer get a pseudo 'circle' with the exits roughly plotted.

c) Far better routing engine. Not perfect, and not as good as TT but far better than the 3.06 and earlier.

·
Civic's got Big Booty !
184 Posts
Started new thread :)

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Rang Honda as I have 3.22 discs - they say that there isn't a problem with this version otherwise there would have been a recall?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Thanks WC rang Honda back and they say that you have to go through the dealers for a warranty claim!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Thanks WC rang Honda back and they say that you have to go through the dealers for a warranty claim!
probably more of a paperwork issue, and ensuring that people can't get hold of a 3.23 set without handing over a 3.22 :)

As WC says, definately worth doing, even if you wait until you're next in there for whatever reason :)

You'll be cursing if you find yourself in a jam it hadn't picked up otherwise :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.