2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did this on Sunday, I think it looks awesome, also going to do the silver cover above what I wrapped, the silver bit on the steering wheel and the piano black cover either side of the instrument display. May do the door silver pieces, but they look tough.

Can anyone link me to removal of the other items?

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hi,

Off topic, but what kind of Carbon Vinyl have you used. Thinking of doing the same, and other bits too.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
looks ace, is it a case of stretch and stick down??

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
You can use a hair dryer mate yeah. Put it on it for seconds till it goes soft, don't stretch too much tho as it will effect the weave of the carbon and look a little ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 3M version is what i used. Do the flat top surface then trim. then heat a bit and work it smooth and stick it down, and move around. took about an hour while watching footy. Really easy to use, you just need patience and a bit more patience.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Looking good! If that's your first attempt its given me the courage to attempt it. I've got loads to wrap! Any other tips other than take your time?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tips -
plenty of heat
if you're not happy, re heat and adjust as it'll be a pain once you have done it all to re do one bit without kinking it somewhere new.
cut the vinyl to make it easier to pull around edges
Have fun.
be brave.
live long and prosper.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.