1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my first go at carbon wrapping the bonnet and there's a lesson to be learnt
don't buy cheap carbon wrap :(

the jobs OK but not perfect

i think it goes well and will attempt the wing mirrors once i'm happy with the bonnet which is gonna be re done with some gloss carbon in the next few days

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
cheers for the feedback i think the match isn't too bad with the black panoramic roof n all :)
if we all liked the same thing we would all be driving grey astra's or some other mundane car

Buy hexis carbon you won't regret it
i'm not sure what i bought to replace it but hexis does ring a bell
i know it's a lot better quality than the stuff thats on now

quick pic of the two vinyls the new stuff is on the left

closer

i don't know if you can tell different vinyls by looking at them but the stuff on the right is not bubble free the stuff on the left is
hopefully it'l be a lot less of a ball ache to fit

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
The stuff on the right looks like 4d stuff, the bonus of hexis is it doesn't leave residue when removed also try and do it in a warm garage around 20 degrees the warmer the better as it's easier to apply

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no garage sadly i take the bonnet off and bring it in doors 2 large pieces of foam to rest it on and the dining room table suffice nicely :)

l

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
no garage sadly i take the bonnet off and bring it in doors 2 large pieces of foam to rest it on and the dining room table suffice nicely :)

l
Indoors is fine, just whack the heating on if you can get a mate to help put the vinyl on the bonnet in one go rather than use the tape it in the middle method

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
second attempt with the different vinyl posted above

much happier this time so i think it will stay for a while

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
second attempt with the different vinyl posted above

much happier this time so i think it will stay for a while
Hi cosmicma, your first attempt looked fine but I have to agree with Aqib as my own opinion is that the black vinly bonnet does not suite your colour car. But at the end of the day it's what you are happy with:wink:.
Tell you what tho your 2nd attempt look very pro, well done and it looks really nice and because it has the carbon effect I think it really does go well with the colour of your car now. [smilie=ebil-thumbu:
Any other carbon fibre vinyl parts to be wrapped?

Pete.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will eventually wrap the mirrors when i get a spare moment just been a bit busy

the roof is already black but the strip between the hatch n glass was mentioned by a mate but i don't really want too much vinyl on the car so i might settle for doing the door handle covers as well as the mirrors but that'l be it :)

thought about dipping the mirrors n handles but getting an exact match to the bonnet might prove difficult

cheers for taking the time to comment

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It would be easier too get the mirrors dipped as there a pain to do lol
it certainly would but on the other hand using the same vinyl as the bonnet would guarantee a perfect match i think dipping would be a bit of a lottery in that department

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
it certainly would but on the other hand using the same vinyl as the bonnet would guarantee a perfect match i think dipping would be a bit of a lottery in that department

Stretch the vinyl a bit as evenly as possible before applying to the wing mirror as it will the shrink around it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts