2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

so, went to an independent dealer yesterday which I thought was closed but you could still look at the cars, I knew there was a Honda civic there so wanted to have a look without pressure. Turns out they were open, I took it for a test drive and have placed a deposit intending to pick it up this week.

I was undecided between this and a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 for my first car but the nerd in me went for the Civic 8th gen, what's not to love about that dashboard?

It's a 2006 1.8 EX model with 56k miles, 18" alloys, I got it for £4750 which I feel as though is a good price. It looks in good condition and had Honda services up until 44k miles.

I've attached an image for your viewing pleasure :)

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm not really sure as of yet, I've been looking at a few on here and the ones which seem to interest me the most are installing an aux-in ability for the radio and footwell lighting. I'm a complete noob in regards to modding cars so I'd want some relatively easy stuff to start off with.

I've since learnt that the car I'm getting has HIDs which I was completely unaware of (Wasn't even mentioned in sales), so I'm going to potentially change the bulbs in them to 6000k ones, including the sidelights (If they haven't been changed already), also changing the interior lamps and reg plate lamps to LED ones, you know, all the little easy-to-do things ;p

Just remembered, the alloys also look like they need touched up so might get them powder coated but not sure on the colour, whether to just restore them to what they currently are or something like black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts