2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So.. took a trip up to Frodsham and Delamere today with my mate. He was driving his new Seat Cupra K1 and me in my new baby CTS. Some very nice roads and lots of fun for us both.

Just a few questions. What are your thoughts on the run in? I've read the wiki post but want a more personal reply. I'm done 550 miles of careful driving and decided to give it a bit of a boot today. Not red-lining it... but driving it hard. The wierd thing is, the mpg seemed to go up slightly... funny since the eco lights were off the vast majority of the time :D :D

What I did like was afer an hour or so of these roads... the car seemed to love it and seemed to get more power. I'm assuming this is because the ECU is waking me up and giving me that extra fun factor :D :D

Not got them yet, but pics will be posted later this evening as soon as my mate gets them off his camera hence why this is in the gallery.

God I love this car :D :D :D

·
Noodle-slave
194 Posts
I can totally agree with you there. I can really feel how the car doesnt like driving eco all days, and I really dont like the feel of it either if you compare it to some old mans car like Volvo. But as soon as I hit the pedal to the floor, taking some hard quick turns and letting the vtec work a little, it's a whole different car! I really love how it sticks to the ground in turns and works in higher rpm-levels. That's when you really love this car :D

Reactions: Smeepers

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK.. pics starting to come in.... heres the first. Gonna get some more vanilla pics, but this one makes my car look soooooo good. just a little work done in Photoshop. 2nd one is a cool filter my mate had. Makes a real nice effect More to come.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
That was one fancy filter! Looks nice :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts