2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Posted in general, but thought I would be more specific)

I have been deliberating this one for a couple of weeks..

I'm looking to introduce my first engine modification but cant decide which way to go. I'm mainly looking for a better sound and hoping this brings with it a more responsive, free revving engine.

Intake wise, there is only one option and that is a CPL CAI. I know there are other options, but I believe these are either going to be too quiet, or non cold air.

Exhaust would be cat back. I know a header would provide best gains, but I would rather start with a cat back and maybe introduce a header later.
The options I have narrowed down are the Tegiwa or Milltek Non-Res.

I do like the look of the Tegiwa, but am slightly concerned that it will only make it's vocal statement when combined with a header. (I cannot find any video clips of just the cat back on a car)
The Milltek looks a safe bet. Seems to be lots of people with them and sounds pretty good from videos I have seen.

So really two questions... Intake or exhaust? If exhaust, which one?

Answers on a postcard (or just a post)

·
GC
4,438 Posts
I'd go with the exhaust, the CAI will need a remap I believe so best to save it towards the end when you have accumulated your other mods. I am after a Milltek myself as the Martelius is going to cause me issues when I'm on early starts. If making a vocal statement it #1 priority then Martelius won't let you down.

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Since having my resonator box out I think the car produces a nice note on wot. Cold air feed from either a fog intake or from behind the lower grill and your away :)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Milltek is a good bet :D

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
custom exhaust, will give you a few extra horses, sound however loud as you want and not have a brand name so your not paying over the odds. Air intake like a HKS is great for sound but give no gains really

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Only me that would go for an intake then

Exhaust will gain you nothing other than noise, a decent intake should gain you 5-10 horses and a good noise when pressing on without the drone on the motorway that every CTR exhaust seems to produce

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
A milltek exhaust as they sound just right without being too loud and in your face. They are a little loud on start up though.

Or go for a HKS RSK and its all normal until you VTEC and then it produces the best ever sound!

Anything other than exhaust or induction needs Flashpro and a remap.

Went to a friends today and they have EP3's with various things and they all prefer the nice sound of the Milltek and roar of the RSK over their kit.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Only me that would go for an intake then

Exhaust will gain you nothing other than noise, a decent intake should gain you 5-10 horses and a good noise when pressing on without the drone on the motorway that every CTR exhaust seems to produce
I would go RSK over Milltek and its louder but also normal outside VTEC :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts