2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK perhaps "family" is a slight exaggeration ;) but seeing as it was such another glorious day the wife and I decided to take the dog for a drive and a walk.

Normally the wife's Jazz is the vehicle of choice for carting Dooley around, but ever since we found out Mrs Olas is expecting, well she seems determined for me to get it into my head that the CTR is going to have to work just as well as a family runaround as it does Dad's toy :facepalm:

So that's that then, we're taking poochie out in the CTR - end of. I'm just hoping the firm ride doesn't play havoc with his guts...

Car is nice and sparkling after a 4 hour clean inside and out early this morning:

Just need to empty the boot to make way for my new passenger...

And grab the dog crate from the boot of the Jazz...

Bit of a pain to get this in the CTR boot, despite being a lot bigger the slant of the rear window means I'm forced to drop a rear seat (old shape Jazz has an almost vertical rear screen). Insert dog and away we go!

No drama in the car, he settles easily enough despite the bumbs! I did take it easy through the bends though. Make a stop for refreshments on the way home...

Tim Hortons just outside Shrewsbury first - anyone who has ever been to Canada will know just what an important discovery this petrol station is. The best coffee and donuts in the world (except the UK coffee isn't anywhere near as good as the stores in Canada). The wife is Canadian so blame her, she got me into this!

Dooley wonders if anyone is actually going to let him out of this crate...

This is what all the fuss is about people!

And yes we did share...

But it was too hot for coffee, so over the road to Starbucks for something cooler. And we had to share them too!

So there we go, first day trip with the dog and the CTR performed admirably. And there aren't even any dog hairs in the boot!

The things we do for our loved ones, eh? Blimey and come December I'll have another passenger to think of too :eek:

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat there is Tim Hortons in the UK no way? did you get a box of Tim Bits???? Nice little story that lol

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes indeed!

Cheers mate, would you believe it they don't do Timbits!?!?!

But they have Boston Cremes and Maple Dips so it's not all bad ;)

There are a few creeping into the UK, about a dozen or so and many of them are counters is Spar stores (like this one).

Try this link

Canadian Expats • View topic - Tim Hortons in SPARs Near You

And if you fancy a giggle try this - a little video I did to celebrate finding the Shrewsbury shop (sad I know..!!)

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Hahahaha, I jsut come back from canada in may spent 3 weeks there as my uncle lives in toronto, Love going to tim hortons to get a a box of tim bits and a frap lol, Nce little bit o the proclaimers in there too lol. I will be looking for a hortons in Aberdeen soon, Oh canna wait.

SPAR Unit 2-3 Drummers Corner Peterhead Aberdeenshire AB42 1PR

thats onlye 40mins drive away Be going there next weekend

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wicked, glad there's one within (reasonably!) easy reach, we have about 40mins to get to our one too, Canadian relatives think we've lost the plot seeing as they have one on every street corner!

Enjoy

Nick

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
nice pics and congratulations to you & mrs olas !!

Reactions: Olas

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
I had a spaniel when I was a kid:) really special dogs:) great little write up and I trust no vtec action was enjoyed on the trip;)

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
Poochie looks lovely.....awwwwwww.

Nice car too btw.

Reactions: Olas

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
Nice to know im not the only person who take the dog in a CTR. mine is a golden retriver, but she sits on the back seat with her seatbelt harness on and the back seat covered up, just means i have to hoover the car a lot

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
The luggage space is the place for dogs ...

Waterproof boot-liner, thick blanket, dog-guard ...

No mess, no fuss, larger dogs can sit up and see all round ...

p.s. - you've many sleepless nights coming ;) ...

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a spaniel when I was a kid:) really special dogs:) great little write up and I trust no vtec action was enjoyed on the trip;)
Thanks! They are great dogs, ours is daft as a brush and no trouble at all, just goes with the flow

We did enjoy some VTEC action on the return journey - revving all the way up the red line and he still slept through it!!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice to know im not the only person who take the dog in a CTR. mine is a golden retriver, but she sits on the back seat with her seatbelt harness on and the back seat covered up, just means i have to hoover the car a lot
yeah, black and red seats plus dog hairs equals problems! but they're worth it :)

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The luggage space is the place for dogs ...

Waterproof boot-liner, thick blanket, dog-guard ...

No mess, no fuss, larger dogs can sit up and see all round ...

p.s. - you've many sleepless nights coming ;) ...
that's a thought, although I'll have to take the space saver out... cheers for the suggestion

Oh and yes I know my life will never be the same again after December!!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
where in staffs you live fella im from telford nice motor by the way mine is just like it lol

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
All this talk of cars and dogs, missing the point!!

Timmies in the UK and only 3 miles from home :VroumVroum01: Shames there's no bits though...

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where in staffs you live fella im from telford nice motor by the way mine is just like it lol
not far mate, outskirts of Cannock - just a short blast down the M54! Will have to look out for you, I've noticed there's quite a few members Telford / Shrewsbury way

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All this talk of cars and dogs, missing the point!!

Timmies in the UK and only 3 miles from home :VroumVroum01: Shames there's no bits though...
And a drive thru Starbucks next door - oh decisions, decisions!

The lack of Timbits at Timmies though is a disgrace... What would the Canadians think???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts