2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Pretty new to this forum, just been looking around a lot so far, not actually posting..
So I'm relatively new to the type r scene. Had it a few months just got hold of a flashpro and uploaded the Group N map for now..

Looking at getting a new CAI - Hks rsk racing kit(anyone else recommend anything else, I believe it fits straight in without any cutting or relocating battery etc)

Then I'm thinking milktek catback to give it some noise, impossible to judge an exhaust going off videos but I want something moderately loud and deeper, but nothing overkill..

Can anyone recommend the 'fast road set-up' what sort of difference will it make and do you know how much places charge to sort this out..

Oh and one more! Will getting a custom map, say at tdi be worth it once ive got the above breathing mods?

Cheers ? ?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Hi everyone,

Pretty new to this forum, just been looking around a lot so far, not actually posting..
So I'm relatively new to the type r scene. Had it a few months just got hold of a flashpro and uploaded the Group N map for now..

Looking at getting a new CAI - Hks rsk racing kit(anyone else recommend anything else, I believe it fits straight in without any cutting or relocating battery etc)

Then I'm thinking milktek catback to give it some noise, impossible to judge an exhaust going off videos but I want something moderately loud and deeper, but nothing overkill..

Can anyone recommend the 'fast road set-up' what sort of difference will it make and do you know how much places charge to sort this out..

Oh and one more! Will getting a custom map, say at tdi be worth it once ive got the above breathing mods?

Cheers �� ��
I am no expert (but I am sure the people who are will be along shortly) but I think with those mods and a TDI map you could be looking somewhere in the region of 240-250 maybe slightly more when mapped.

And I have the Milltek it does sound good, just gives out the right amount of noise in my opinion. But try and find a few people near you who have different exhausts and have a listen to them.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
For FRS drop Grinspeed an enquiry, Stevie/Grandad will sort you out. They are only just up the road from you too ;)

I had mine done a few month back and it makes a huge difference to turn in, esp. on my 5 door derv!

I can now accurately place the car in the bends and know it will go where I want it, when I want it to. Not a few second later, with a hand full of under steer.

I imagine your Type R is already light on her feet (by comparison) but FRS will still make a big difference.

A highly recommended mod.

http://www.grinspeed.co.uk/contact/

Oh and welcome aboard :)

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
You wont be able to hp past 250 wothput uprating your cams...but exhaust and breather mods first... Then handling and breaking so your able to use all the power you have already then maybe get more power....thats the way im doing it

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
You wont be able to hp past 250 wothput uprating your cams...but exhaust and breather mods first... Then handling and breaking so your able to use all the power you have already then maybe get more power....thats the way im doing it
I went for power first too, but in hindsight handling, brakes and then power would have been more sensible!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one il have a look at Grinspeed soonish then, I'm thinking hel lines with decent fluid and some ds2500 pad using oem calipers and discs?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Custom map with a filter and exhaust, you're total hp won't rise too much, nowhere close to 240hp. But you will gain mid range and a huge amount of driveability.

I would vouch for Grinspeed and their FRS. Throw in a set of coilovers or lowering springs at the same time to get the full effect.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Nice one il have a look at Grinspeed soonish then, I'm thinking hel lines with decent fluid and some ds2500 pad using oem calipers and discs?
Yes up-rated pads should help, doing the lines is debatable for a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I've always been under the impression that the standard calipers are just about capable for stock power. So do people think that uprated the disks, pads and lines are enough to cope with 250bhp? Or is a bbk needed? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Induction kit and cat back won't see between 240/250bhp your looking more the 220/230bhp when mapped but like has already been said its a lot more useable cause you will gain decent midrange power. The frs is a good mod takes the understeer out of the car an makes the front end feel a lot more planted an stable an feel through the the steering wheel for what it is should have been done from the factory imo.

Reactions: Farqui

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Would 100% recommend uprated pads, lines & fluid as a starting point as the standard brakes are pretty poor in comparison... Bbk would be even better if budget. Then suspension would be a good move.
Your next best mod would be a remap with race manifold if you don't mind going decat as this will unlock loads of midrange power.

If going for 240+ you're looking at having to spend a fair bit (cams, exhaust, intake, inlet mani, etc...) so would be worth collecting the bits and doing it all at once.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
In regards to discs and pads, try and wait around until next month mate as ABP Motorsport usually have a good sale on. ;)

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
You can run 250bhp (not that you will make that) or even more with standard brake setup lol. Not that uprated pads etc aren't worthwhile. A true CAI like CPL CAI is better than HKS RSK. Also a custom tune isn't absolutely necessary if you're only getting a cat back and induction. I'd stay with the generic nap until you get more stuff done. Milltek unresonated is still pretty quiet cat back if you don't intend to go decat. It was a little too quiet for me to be honest.

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
I'm looking at the same predicament at the moment dude.

Thinking pads, springs and FRSU first, then will look at intake and catback before getting it tuned.

It's annoying that with some cars (Mark 5 GTI springs to mind); the ECU "learns" to cope with the induction kits/exhausts, so don't need a map each time.

I believe a manifold and/or decat would require a remap though.

Info from a tuner at PSI tuning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts