2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First car in the world of honda ownership. Mainly after driving my dads I just loved the styling and drive. Plans are to keep it pretty stock bar a stage 1 remap for economy. 60mile round trip to work and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome to Civic ownership and to Civinfo.

Not sure the remap will do anything for your economy but it will probably knacker your clutch. Budget for a new clutch is my advice.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts

First car in the world of honda ownership. Mainly after driving my dads I just loved the styling and drive. Plans are to keep it pretty stock bar a stage 1 remap for economy. 60mile round trip to work and all.

Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the warm welcome everyone. Looking forward to the years ahead, by far the most modern and refined car I've owned. Was a big leap formally being a Ford fan but eventually got fed up of the never ending battle with rust!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If all you want is more "economy", take a look at the economy map from Celtic Tuning. Bit less of a power boost than a stage 1, but your OEM clutch should hold it better, and you should get a bit of a MPG improvement if you keeps the revs around 1.7k in 6th.
Hi,
Without wanting to hijack the thread, has anyone on here had an economy map done by either Celtic or another decent tuner? I want to add a little pep to the car without going overboard in to the realms of clutch and big brake upgrades.

Thanks
Alex

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Hi,
Without wanting to hijack the thread, has anyone on here had an economy map done by either Celtic or another decent tuner? I want to add a little pep to the car without going overboard in to the realms of clutch and big brake upgrades.

Thanks
Alex
I had a Celtic file only map on my Civic. However that killed my clutch.

If your thinking of remap get an uprated clutch. Tdi North in Warrington is a good place. Once remapped the car does rocket off.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If all you want is more "economy", take a look at the economy map from Celtic Tuning. Bit less of a power boost than a stage 1, but your OEM clutch should hold it better, and you should get a bit of a MPG improvement if you keeps the revs around 1.7k in 6th.
Anyone on this forum had this done?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was the cg dual friction and a new dual mass. Map is good. Power comes in early and stays on till about 4k. Looking to a stage 2 next.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 130 Posts