2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Firstly, I've been following this forum for a while and would like to thank everyone involved in making it a very interesting place to be.
Anyway, like so many of you, I am awaiting delivery of what I hope will be my new pride and joy some time mid-October. I've ordered a Champagne silver 2.2 with leather and glass roof.
Why champagne instead of the gorgeous NHB? Well, my car only gets cleaned once a month if it's lucky, and I need something that is still going to look pretty good at the end of the month.
Having said that, I've never seen champagne silver 'in the flesh', (am I stupid, or what?), so I hope it's as good as the one-inch patch in the brochure looks.
Anybody got any good photos that show off the colour?
Currently driving a faultless 5-year-old Celica 190 that I've had from new. Fantastic car, it's only crime is it's age; time for a change. The new Civic appeared at just the right time.
That's enough waffling from me. Thanks again for a great forum, and I hope I'll have something constructive to contribute very soon.

Andi.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi andi,

Welcome aboard. Champagne silver looks good :)
I think there's some pic of the car in gallery.. click on the search button for champagne and its there.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi andi,

Welcome aboard. Champagne silver looks good :)
I think there's some pic of the car in gallery.. click on the search button for champagne and its there.

Cheers

Hi Jazz,

thanks for the reassurance.
All the pictures I've found so far, gallery included, look good, but don't look much like the brochure. I guess it's a difficult colour to photograph.

Andi

·
Registered
273 Posts
I totally understand what you mean : )

Somehow or rather anything in brohure looks better , must be the lightings or something. I would say pop over to the dealer , mebbe they would have one. Good luck on that.

Will you be adding the suparguard ?

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Welcome Andi.

I've seen quite a few champagne silvers and the colour looks different depending on light. I've got blueish silver and some days it looks more blue than at others times. As you say, it's a lot more low maintenance than NHB!

You'll love the leather!

Not long to go now......... :)

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Welcome to the club, I've seen a Champagne Silver example and it looked a fine colour. I would have probably chosen the colour myself but when the dealer told me of the waiting time I opted for an Alabaster Silver one that was available more or less straight away.

You'll love the leather seating: it's beautifully presented and gives the interior a luxury car feel.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.
I feel alot better about my choice, now.
I've tried my dealer to check out the colour, but they've not had one in since I ordered.
I won't be using Suparguard, though. I had something similar on an MR2 years ago, and it didn't seem to make any difference, especially at the price. Just seemed like a way of prising another few quid out of us. I have used Mer for donkeys years, and always been very happy with it, but I might try some of the other suggestions from this forum, as I could well be a bit out of date (much like my 3 litre pack of Mer).
Just checked with my dealer, but delivery date hasn't changed; one interesting thing he said, though, was that Honda seem to clearing the backlog better now. I hope that's the case.

Andi

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Welcome Andi! Hope you enjoy your Car and Colour! There are far to many Nighthawk Blacks out there and Weneed to make a stand ;-)

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome Andi! Hope you enjoy your Car and Colour! There are far to many Nighthawk Blacks out there and Weneed to make a stand ;-)
Glad to do my bit.
I saw a lovely '56' Galaxy at the top of our road yesterday. In the abscence of Cosmic grey that was my other choice. Still not sure if I made the right one, but I feel better after everyones' reassurance.

Andi

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome Andi, nice choice of colour that.
Thanks.
As I said in my reply to Maldax, Cosmic was my first choice, but they just stopped it as I was ordering. I almost took it personally.
At least they added the leather to the EX at the same time, so I guess that made up for it.

Andi

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Welcome Andi!
Galaxy grey is the second most popular choice of colour so congratulations on choosing champagne silver. It'll make your car a bit more unusual, if not unique. :wink:

Plenty of toys in your new EX once you get it, so you better prepare for a long night of goofing around with those. Lots of reading also but maybe it's more fun to do what many others have done and just explore on your own. :)

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome Andi!
Galaxy grey is the second most popular choice of colour so congratulations on choosing champagne silver. It'll make your car a bit more unusual, if not unique. :wink:

Plenty of toys in your new EX once you get it, so you better prepare for a long night of goofing around with those. Lots of reading also but maybe it's more fun to do what many others have done and just explore on your own. :)
Thanks Copycat.
Everyone makes you feel very welcome here, don't they?
I'm looking forward to all the toys. I wish I could get hold of a manual for the car well in advance of delivery - like, about now. From what people say, that's what I need.
I have an Alpine satnav at the moment, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem to get used to, but I'll miss my touch-screen and Ipod link.
I used to have a Subaru Impreza turbo which I managed to get down to 8 mpg at one point, so it'll be a novel experience to get over 50mpg. Can't wait for that - I've got a few trips planned.
I hope a few of the snags have been fixed for 2007 model, but I'm prepared for tweaking microphones and replacing rear shocks if necessary.
To be honest, I don't care; I just want my car - asap.

Andi

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Welcome from the 'Dark Side' Andi even though you have chosen the wrong colour

Hope you enjoy the car with all the EX goodies :cool:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Oh WoolyCiv, how could you? Not everyone wants to follow the herd and go for NHB! Take no notice, Andi. You'll save a fortune in time and money when it comes to cleaning!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from the 'Dark Side' Andi even though you have chosen the wrong colour

Hope you enjoy the car with all the EX goodies :cool:
Just when I was starting to secure, too.
Oh well, never mind.
Thanks for the welcome; this is a good place to be.
I'm looking forward to getting all the toys up front, rather than adding them later at great expense.

Andi

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh WoolyCiv, how could you? Not everyone wants to follow the herd and go for NHB! Take no notice, Andi. You'll save a fortune in time and money when it comes to cleaning!
Thanks for that. I'm back on track now.
I've had cars of every colour you can think of, and loved them all, because the colour always suited the car, but the the ones I always swore I would never get again were black or white. They were always a pain to keep clean.................but NHB was tempting.

Andi

·
Registered
226 Posts
Andi,

I have had two people buy the colour before seeing it, and they were both happy.

I'm in a 2.2 with leather, and its lovely

1 - 20 of 22 Posts