2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
Good results! You have super hybrid because there is 2 versions I found online. Also how good is filtration with it do you think? My car came with k&n.
Yes super hybrid.
Don't know how good filtration is compared to oem but it gets dirty so must be working.
Have not encountered any problems in nearly 20k miles using one, just change it every 18 months or so with a wash halfway through

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered the standard air box and intake from eBay, should be here by the weekend so will update once fitted 👍🏻 Hopefully will make a difference

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
i also have the washable hks panel filter as @Wilmo said suits me fine just take it out wash it dry it and refit it

·
Registered
163 Posts
The OEM filter box should cure the flat spot (providing it hasn't been remapped for HKS), have you got to fit all the air box and feed or just the bit for the filter?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The OEM filter box should cure the flat spot (providing it hasn't been remapped for HKS), have you got to fit all the air box and feed or just the bit for the filter?
All of it mate, air box, resonator and feed pipe, luckily all brackets are still in engine bay so didn’t have to buy them too 👍🏻 Don’t think the car has been remapped for the hks, if it has they’ve not done a very good job of it lol 😂

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm surprised the feed pipe has gone, it's the only thing that got a bit of cooler air to the HKS. Resonator is a bugger to get in, the rest is okay once the battery is out (disconnecting it will also help reset the system as well)
Don't worry about the engine braking, if it's not drinking oil or coolant then the engine will be okay. When you get the time check the spark plugs, if the HKS has been on while it'll have been running lean and they will probably need changing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm surprised the feed pipe has gone, it's the only thing that got a bit of cooler air to the HKS. Resonator is a bugger to get in, the rest is okay once the battery is out (disconnecting it will also help reset the system as well)
Don't worry about the engine braking, if it's not drinking oil or coolant then the engine will be okay. When you get the time check the spark plugs, if the HKS has been on while it'll have been running lean and they will probably need changing.
Thanks for the info mate, hoping the swap does the trick 👍🏻 She’s not drinking oil or coolant so all good there
It's bumper out job.
Brilliant!!! 😂

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the info mate, hoping the swap does the trick 👍🏻 She’s not drinking oil or coolant so all good there
Brilliant!!! 😂
I took the resonator, pipe and box out without removing the bumper (fitted the CPL CAI)
Battery out (moved to the back)
Passenger side wheelarch liner out.
Also took the passenger side foglight out.
There's one bolt that's a bitch, but you'll get to it through the foglight hole or ratchet spanner.
Don't forget to refit the foglight before the wheelarch liner as the resonator blocks the access through the bumper.
Also, hated the CPL CAI, works OK, but throws a random fault when cruising at 3 to 3500rpm on motorways and dual carriageways at a constant speed for a while.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Clutch and flywheel ok?
They seem to be mate, had to adjust the clutch pedal as it was really low, but no issues apart from that 👍🏻
I took the resonator, pipe and box out without removing the bumper (fitted the CPL CAI)
Battery out (moved to the back)
Passenger side wheelarch liner out.
Also took the passenger side foglight out.
There's one bolt that's a bitch, but you'll get to it through the foglight hole or ratchet spanner.
Don't forget to refit the foglight before the wheelarch liner as the resonator blocks the access through the bumper.
Also, hated the CPL CAI, works OK, but throws a random fault when cruising at 3 to 3500rpm on motorways and dual carriageways at a constant speed for a while.
just been and had another look under the bonnet, there’s an intake pipe that runs from the passenger wing under the battery but then I can’t see where it goes, is this part of the system?

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's the feed to the resonator box, the feed to the air box should be under the HKS to the left of battery

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

HKS in place, the bracket is still there under the heat shield so good news there 👍🏻

Pipe that runs to passenger wing

Found this when I looked at passenger wheel well cover 😮

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
That’s two wheel arch liners I need now ffs!! 🤬 is this where resonator should live?

·
Registered
163 Posts
It should be behind the rat hole.
To remove the liner, remove the wheel and mudflaps, there should be 2 screws under the bumper corner and a screw under the wheel arch trim at the top.
Then a lot of black plastic clips on the liner and wheel arch trim, spray them with WD40 first and gently pry the middle bit out, you don't want to break anything 😉.
Unclip the wheelarch trim, start at the front and slowly pull out working your way around to the back. The liner will just fall out then.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts