2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
Easier to remove the bumper and get access to everything and be able to see everything imo.
Hopefully the rats have done me favour Mugen 馃槀馃憤馃徎

It should be behind the rat hole.
To remove the liner, remove the wheel and mudflaps, there should be 2 screws under the bumper corner and a screw under the wheel arch trim at the top.
Then a lot of black plastic clips on the liner and wheel arch trim, spray them with WD40 first and gently pry the middle bit out, you don't want to break anything 馃槈.
Unclip the wheelarch trim, start at the front and slowly pull out working your way around to the back. The liner will just fall out then.
There鈥檚 no clips holding it all at the minute, just a couple of bolts at the top 馃槼 luckily I鈥檝e got a load I ordered when I first got the car as noticed there were some missing 馃憤馃徎 Thanks for all the info mate, I鈥檓 going to have a fun weekend by the look of it lol 馃槀

Enjoying life
The resonator is the big black box thing behind the green connector plug in this pic. You defo need to take the bumper off to get it out.

Super Moderator
What panel filter did you go for in the end?

Registered
Discussion Starter #48
Just a standard one for now 馃憤馃徎 I鈥檓 missing the pipes that come from the crankcase breather to the induction pipe, need to find some asap or stick a dinky filter on breather 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
Found one on eBay, gonna stick a hose on from breather back to intake for now, luckily all other hoses have been replaced with silicone ones so just the one to sort 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Let us know how you get on dude and the end result of driveability

Think Cox sells new undertrays not at a bad price but since you need arch liners to cost might rack up.

I hate it when I see these cars butchered like that breaks my heart

Premium Member
There was someone on Facebook braking his mk8 diesel cheap - I鈥檓 assuming all plastic should be the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter #52
Let us know how you get on dude and the end result of driveability

Think Cox sells new undertrays not at a bad price but since you need arch liners to cost might rack up.

I hate it when I see these cars butchered like that breaks my heart
Will do mate, she鈥檚 running 100% better already just for refitting the standard pipe work, more responsive, no bogging down, even the excessive engine braking seems cured 馃憤馃徎 Autodoc are selling the wheel arch liners for 拢25 a side at minute so think I鈥檒l be ordering them from there 馃榾

There was someone on Facebook braking his mk8 diesel cheap - I鈥檓 assuming all plastic should be the same.
I鈥檓 not on facetube mate but the missus is so ill get her to have a look, cheers 馃憤馃徎

Registered
The sound will be a lot different now, and the ecu will not have to keep adjusting the air/fuel mixture when under load now you are back to a standard air box and filter. I'm not sure what the resonator box does other than make it quieter, would be good to know if leaving it off affects the standard air box.
The plastic engine undertray is a pain to put on and off, and I'd definitely leave it off if it wasn't doing such a good job at keeping everything clean, cooler and hold the wheel arch liners in place 馃馃檮馃様
Nice to see you calling the car "she" again, all must be forgiven 馃槀

Registered
The resonator actually makes the VTEC noise more pronounced with the standard airbox, I had a smoothed airbox with a cold air feed pipe running straight to the box from the bumper and the VTEC noise has completely gone. Now back to a standard box and resonator is sounds a lot better.

Registered
Discussion Starter #55
Nice to see you calling the car "she" again, all must be forgiven 馃槀
All is forgiven 馃槀 she came very close to going to a new owner as the last thing I wanted was to be spending ridiculous amounts on her, luckily all the harm the previous owner had done is easy to put right 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
The resonator actually makes the VTEC noise more pronounced with the standard airbox, I had a smoothed airbox with a cold air feed pipe running straight to the box from the bumper and the VTEC noise has completely gone. Now back to a standard box and resonator is sounds a lot better.
VTEC is deffo more pronounced, you hear the change in engine note and feel the kick, before it just got louder but didn鈥檛 really do much else 馃槀

41 - 57 of 57 Posts