2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At almost 10 years old my car had its first repair today. My wife has been using the car most of the year as I was enjoying my E Class prior to mid-March and WFH.

Anyway a few weeks ago she came home and advised me of a burning smell and heat at the back wheel. By the time I got out to it no issues and ignored it. Last night same, but I was in the garden when she came in. Alloy could not be touched, inner wheel was black and acrid smell.

Got my local guy to look and fix it today. Two rear callipers were replaced, the front off side was repaired, and pads all round.

I couldn’t help but think that was great going for a near 10 year old car. Not a bulb or exhaust has needed replacement and these are even lifted items.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
That'll be a honda , they haven't got the reputation they have for nothing but perhaps a few routine checks like oil and coolant
especially if she goes into vtec regularly and check the tyre pressure will make a big difference to the driving experience of a ctr fn2 (by the way nice colour)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, CTR, owned since 18 months old. Serviced by HMD and Honda Independent last two services. Coolant scheduled to be changed this next service. Rarely vtec’d.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts