2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would say hello.

I have my first drive in a 2.2 civic at the weekend after looking at one last weekend and the weekend before.

I currently have an 06 Astra, and have test driven a focus ST and Astra VXR in the last couple of weeks and wouldnt mind test driving the Golf GT at some point.

My new car needs to have 5drs (not VXR), good fuel econ (not ST) good torque for overtaking, but most of all fun to drive and put a smile on my face when looking at or driving.

I will admit the problems section has worried me a little, especially items like rear windows leaking and doors filling with water! but after reading that 07 builds should be a lot better I will stick with the test drive (I wont lie, I did think of cancelling)

Anyhow, I will be hovering around here for some time, or maybe longer if I decide to get one?

Stu

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi there

you'll love it

i ordered one on the strength of the test drive - had previoulsy tested an audi a3 and ford focus and the civic was a wild card choice for me, but it came in miles in front... i smiled when they dropped it off, again when i got in for them to show me the controls, and again then when i opened the taps a little on a nice straight bit of country road - and that last smile didnt fade till i got out of the car

and this was the 1.8 ivtec - which doesnt have as much torque as the diesel - although it makes a wicked noise in the top half of the rev range [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

so now im counting down the days till it gets delivered...

enjoy the test drive

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
My new car needs to have 5drs (not VXR), good fuel econ (not ST) good torque for overtaking, but most of all fun to drive and put a smile on my face when looking at or driving.
Hi Stu

Welcome!

Why do you need 5 doors? The reason I ask is cos that was on my list of must haves but 6 weeks use of a Type S blew that out of the window.

I "needed" 5 doors to get my drum kit in & out & cos of kids.

The Type S is identical in load space to the 5 door & I only use the hatch, not the side doors for that.

Also I found loading a 16 month old into her car seat was actually easier, with less twisting, in the 3 door.

The only real benefit of the 5 doors that I have found is easier access to use the magic seats (also magic seats are not so magic in 3 door) & because the front doors on the 5 door are not so big I don't hit other cars in car parks so easily.

Either way, you'll love the Civic!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome,
the reason for 5drs is basically the car is going to be a long term buy (i wont say investment :)) and just really thinking about childern and ease of use for people to get into the back. My Astra is a 5dr and although we dont often use all of the seats, it just makes it easier for parents/nans etc to get in and out. Also using the magic seats for bikes would be great as we were only just talking with my brother in law last week about going up to see them and taking our bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Hi StuRs yes there are a few problems posted on the site which you would expect with a new model, but as you say you will be getting an 07 car, once you have had the test drive your smile will be that big,the outcome will not be in question.
Welcome to the forum :lol:

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I'd recommend glass roof for back seat passenger comfort.

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
I was hooked after the test drive, completely made my mind up. For info, I've had a full drum kit, guitars, several amps and 3 people in my car with no complaints on space!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Mine is a 7 piece kit, rack mounted, so it cuts down on hardware a bit.

I need the rear seats flattened & the kit takes up all the available "floor space" but leaving all the windows clear & front passenger seat free.

Might be able to manage some amps, but not cabs too, certainly no more than driver+1.

Where do you put the kick drum?

·
Rusty Nut!
614 Posts
I looked at Civics for weeks inbetween checking out lots of other cars almost every make in fact ,I didnt test one cos I really wanted an estate (I have a focus ST170 estate now) and didnt want to drive it and want it (if that makes sense).

I eventually folded and took a civic out for a spin and loved it! I wish I'd tested it sooner cos I've wasted 3 weeks when I couldve had one on order all that time! I still have 42 days to go and am spending it reading posts on here and find out something new every day!

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
Mine is a 7 piece kit, rack mounted, so it cuts down on hardware a bit.

I need the rear seats flattened & the kit takes up all the available "floor space" but leaving all the windows clear & front passenger seat free.

Might be able to manage some amps, but not cabs too, certainly no more than driver+1.

Where do you put the kick drum?
I had them mounted and secured, kick and snare in a tower, cymbals on top, stands etc and toms were easy enough to fit in as well. Two rear seats folded down, one single seat remaining. **tip** the extra space by the absence of a spare wheel really helps!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well I`ve two nippers plus a third on the way, a HiWatt head and cab and a wife but nothing was going to stop me getting my CTR. A little selfish I know but if things get to "comfy" in the back I`ll pick up a nice Picasso and have the TypeR all to myself!!
The Type S is a cracking car too, so you won`t be disappointed!!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did see the are you happy thread :)

I am looking forward to it, but until my wife and I test drive it we wont know for sure, but so far my current Astra has beaten off the VXR, Focus ST as mentioned above, will the civic be the third :?:

The downside is that because of the fear of getting a used one with problems (I am still unsure why I couldnt test drive the 2.2 on the forecourt last week, 55 plate 7.5k £13995) I will need to budget another £2-3k. I have had my Astra from new and I did say that I wouldnt buy new again because of initial loss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts