2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just did my first track day in my fd2 on Monday at Mondello Park. I am now officially hooked. Loved every minute of it. And to see what the car can do around a track is awesome. Didn't know what to expect really so I took up one of the instructors offers of tuition at the start. He brought me out in the Mazda 3 safety car for the safety laps and then on a few fast laps. Showed me the lines and what kerbs to avoid etc. He was a gent and it really helped. He then let me follow him for 2 laps to get used to it and then let me at it. Went through half a tank for the day, worked it out after at 10.14mpg my tyres were a little worse for wear after but worth it! Brakes held up much better than I thought. After about the 7th lap I'd have to come in to cool down. Few photos and clips of the day..

http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/shane32819/media/fd2/2073AF1A-7B24-400A-B450-AE9D56701458.mp4.html

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
A lot of fun! Just had eagle f1s on her. I'm looking to get a set of track wheels now so I can save my road tyres
Nice soft tyre bet they gripped well but yeh if you want any millage out of them id look at getting a set for the track, especially as you appear to have caught the track bug lol

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Looks good,

Did you trailer the car up? Or drive it up and down?

Ive contemplated it before but would just be afraid that if i had an accident that id have no way home without a trailer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good,

Did you trailer the car up? Or drive it up and down?

Ive contemplated it before but would just be afraid that if i had an accident that id have no way home without a trailer.

Drove up from Tipp. To be fair I think if it wasn't my daily car and worth so much you could push harder and drive closer to cars etc but as long as you drive safely on the track you should be fine. One of the fiesta St track cars nearly went into the back of me at one point but he was driving like a dick. He was black flagged. They don't allow any messing or silly driving and it's well run to be fair. I'll definitely be doing it again!

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
The prelude in front of you is in a bad way! Blue smoke billowing out of it! If ever there was an advert for keeping the revs low when cold and good oil changes!

I was at mondello last year on the bike at a track day. I quite liked the track, although run off's aren't great in places!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The prelude in front of you is in a bad way! Blue smoke billowing out of it! If ever there was an advert for keeping the revs low when cold and good oil changes!

I was at mondello last year on the bike at a track day. I quite liked the track, although run off's aren't great in places!

Yup i noticed that! It's on donedeal at the moment!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
That looks great!! You are a better driver than most of those guys in front. I like how you can see your confidence grow in the corners the further into the vid ? You'll have to have a day with Messiah and see what his "eco" monster can do...

Late to the show as usual!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Drove up from Tipp. To be fair I think if it wasn't my daily car and worth so much you could push harder and drive closer to cars etc but as long as you drive safely on the track you should be fine. One of the fiesta St track cars nearly went into the back of me at one point but he was driving like a dick. He was black flagged. They don't allow any messing or silly driving and it's well run to be fair. I'll definitely be doing it again!
Im in Galway myself, id have to have some spare parts going up with me i think if i ever end up doing it.
Radiator hose, spare brake pads etc.
I think i a set of track tyres would be needed judging by the condition of yours after the session.
Have you gotten any suspension work done on the FD2?

They are some car for holding their value.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts