2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
drives a shed now
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed springs to Vogtland 35mm yesterday and new drop links.
Needs a day or two to settle I think? Took it out this morning for a short run and already feels much better than standard.

Followed coste1l's excellent how to
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/39302-how-change-springs.html

As I've only use of one arm took the cowling off around the screen, adds 20 mins extra strip/fit but access to top mount less of an issue for me.

[URL=http://s233.photobucket.com/user/delphi_bucket/media/cowling-removed.png.html][/URL]

Thanks to my neighbour who helped me lift the front struts back in when he spotted me struggling :)
Oh and a shout out to pbt-racing in Germany, 1st class customer service.

Needs tracking checked, but guess I'll give TGM Motorsports a call to get FRS done.

Not posted pics of it lowered because it's minging and needs a clean.
Didn't spend time taking lots of pics as the howto covers everything, but snapped a few in the spirit of 'no pics it never happened' :)

·
drives a shed now
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I've not seen anyone using Vogtland springs on 8g Civic, thought I post my initial thoughts since fitting on Saturday.
Originally I wanted Eibach's but pbt-racing were out of stock until August.

Ride is firm yet comfortable, feedback through the road way much better than stock. Body roll greatly reduced.
Even the family have commented how much better ride it is now.
Wish I'd fitted these or Eibach's a few years ago!

Stock

Stock.jpg

After
Excuse the fact it's still dirty, either too sunny or been raining but thought I'd post pick of how it's sitting now since fitting.

vogtland.jpg

vogtland2.jpg

Might get a little lower over next few weeks? But I'm happy if they don't
No rubbing with 18" ET40. 10mm spacers for the rears next and FRS to be done.

N.B: The front springs next to stock were noticeably 1.5 inches lower, the rears were the same height.
Using stock bump stops and dampers

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Thanks for the review! Love the way your paint looks in the sun with that gold fleck.

Late to the show as usual!

·
drives a shed now
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciated! There's not much you can do with the 1.8's performance unless turbo or supercharging which is big bucks. But handling as with any model, I'd recommend changing the springs at least to anyone. New drop links may also play a factor in my upgrade too

It was going out in Neil's (messiahontrial) epic derv when he had Eibach's that my mind was made to change from stock. I need to catch up on his build thread btw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts