2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just upgraded the ICE On my Type R as the original system left a lot to be desired as I appreciate clarity when listening to music. I have fitted 6" JL speakers model TR6550, put dynamat in the doors and also fitted an Amp in-between the outer and inner skin at the rear behind the interior card (what would be the rear door card if it was a 5 door). I was going to replace the radio with a Sony DVD double din touch screen, but was put of as the original radio would need to be repositioned and £200 spent on a new radio fascia. I did try the speakers with out the amp, but the sound quality was poor as the radio has little power. I also fitted a line level converter which I was very dubious of, but there is no hum or hiss and must say sounds as good as a line level out put on a after market head unit, so no need to buy a clean sweep. I am now very very happy with the sound quality and have plenty of Mid bass, so much clearer when comparing it to the Bass works. in case some one want to know how i ran the power cable from the battery, there is a plate behind the glove box which is where the wirring loom would be if the car was left hand drive.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
im probably gonna use one of those line out converters, they give a much better sound than just using the speaker output!

did you use the outputs from the front or rear speakers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used it on the fronts and left the rears in place. the head unit is not powerfull but at least it gives a clear sound. a good amp and speakers will give you a nice clean sound. I also used dynamat just behind the speaker on the door card and made sure that the speakers were sealed to the speaker adaptors and the door card.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
im currently in the designing stage of my audio and my budget has gone through the roof! i wish i didnt get so carried away:oops:

think i will wait and get everything in one go and spend a couple of days doing it! saves taking the car apart more than once!

i cant wait till i have a good sound system! i miss my old car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts