2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Obviously the SE doesn't come with cruise control as standard. Can/will Honda add cruise control to the car? I imagine it would mean a new steering wheel, which wouldn't be cheap?

Has it ever been done?

Thanks,

Jon.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
There is or was a company near birmingham that used to retrofit cruise control. They did my 96 nissan almera. I assume its possible. I will try and remember their name. Cost about 400 quid 8 years ogo.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
cruise control i dont think its needed in the UK far too many people cut in front off you, unless you one of the ones thats sites at 56mph in a 70 zone.
I had my civic 4 years and ive used it maybe twice, also feels strange when the car trys to maintain set speed going up a hill

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
cruise control i dont think its needed in the UK far too many people cut in front off you, unless you one of the ones thats sites at 56mph in a 70 zone.
I had my civic 4 years and ive used it maybe twice, also feels strange when the car trys to maintain set speed going up a hill
Obviously too busy where you are, use it all the time when on dual carriageways/motorways, handy for average speed zones aswell.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
I looked into it and to be honest it looked like it was more hassle than it was worth. At least a new steering wheel and complete dash loom if I remember correctly.

·
The Red Devil
481 Posts
I live in suburban London basically and I still use my cruise control most of the time so I wouldn't have thought that a busy area has anything to do with it. I've found that it's not just for motorway driving, but I use it around town too. It certainly helps prevent me from getting done for speeding!

Stu

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some help please I have a Honda Civic 2010 2.2 si
I have purchased a type r wheel and a boss with the extra pins but but Cruise still does now work am I right in saying I need to add some extra wires and do you still sell the extra bits

·
4,354 Posts
And redbullben has been around in the last few days. So possibly worth a shout out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts