2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
Im wanting to fitting folding mirrors to my fn3 as id love that extra touch to it and wondered what i would need to get this to work? If you could let me know i would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Gilly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Apart from the electric folding mirrors themselves and the new armrest switch nobody knows what else is required as it's not been attempted yet as far as I'm aware.

I want to add it myself but the mirrors are £150 each, you can get the switch for around £15-£20 but it's a lot of money to experiment :confused:

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Depends on what exactly your asking:

1. If you have a GT or EX and already have the electric folding mirrors but you can only manually use them then you simply need the auto fold module as mentioned by Filluminati

or

2. You dont already have the manual option to fold them in electronically then you need follow Jeff Off's post.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I'm a newbie... Trying to find my way around.... I think I found a manual that will help me repair a non-working electric wing mirror (that's stuck) but mine's not stuck, it's broken. The electrics work fine and I've bought the part to refit. If anyone can point me in the right direction to a video link or a manual that is about replacing the entire assembly, or parts of the assembly, that would be great. Thanks.
And sorry, I cannot see where the 'post' button is or I would've posted separately! Sorry!

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I'm going to try this eventually, I'll buy the switch soon and I think I'm going to need a new mirror as the light in my drivers side is playing up.

Does anyone know if you can manually fold the electric mirrors up just incase this doesn't work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
I'm going to try this eventually, I'll buy the switch soon and I think I'm going to need a new mirror as the light in my drivers side is playing up.

Does anyone know if you can manually fold the electric mirrors up just incase this doesn't work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you can but the motor provides a small amount of resistance to being moved manually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts