2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a CTS ex with OEM sat nav. Reading around the forum it seems impracticable to replace the audio system (loosing heater control functionality etc)

Has anyone managed to fit a head unit in the lower section of the dash (below the heater controls, the little cubby hole with the hinged door) ?

I have previously managed this in a 2004 Accord, leaving the standard unit in place, but splicing the existing stereo loom, to allow power and speaker connections.

The wiring adjustments wouldn't be a problem, but are there any kits to allow the mounting of the head unit?

thanks!

Glenn

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Whilst I've not got sat nav, I have replaced head unit using connects2 kit from Hondabitz maintaining heater controls and steering wheel control. Not sure above the the built in sat nav though.

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
If Sat-Nav is that important to you then replace the stock Head Unit with a Double-Din that also has Sat-Nav.

You'd get a bigger screen and probably more up to date maps/warnings etc anyway. With the adapter your steering wheel controls should still work as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies,

If I understand correctly, fitting a double din unit, will loose the heater controls, I have not seen a fascia that retains them?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Thanks for the replies,

If I understand correctly, fitting a double din unit, will loose the heater controls, I have not seen a fascia that retains them?
Nope. Full steering and dual zone climate control just as it was with the stock radio.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the car has the Factory fit sat nav (OEM unit) hence trying to install a head unit in the lower pocket, near the gearstick, this would leave the factory unit in place, including the heating controls. I can cut in to the existing speaker and power wiring for the new head unit.

I was hoping to find a tidy way of fitting it in that gap, looks like its time to get creative!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts