2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to get a type r bumper with the parking sensor holes in.

I would like to buy and fit a set, but not sure which ones will fit (after market) etc.

Has anyone done these before or can recommend a online set to buy, that will fit my requirements?

TY Gaz

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Hi Gaz yes I bought the bright red ones and whilst not a perfect match it's good enough for me. Here's a pic of what mine looks like mate.

Hope this helps

Si

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Si,

Looks good enough for me also, good job. Do it give the differing audible sounds as you get closer etc?

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Si,

Looks good enough for me also, good job. Do it give the differing audible sounds as you get closer etc?
Hi mate,

Yes exactly the same as any other system you would have come across, starts to beep when items are near and the beeps get more frequent as you get nearer and nearer finishing off as a continuous beep as you get very close. I think the detailed specs of how it works are on the ebay page.

They work better than the ones I had professionally fitted to my wife's Zafira.

Absolute bargain I think I paid £13.50 for the complete kit and it took me about 3hrs to fit I think.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Copied from the eBay page:

Details are shown in the table below:
Alarm sound:

Level
Distance (cm)
Area
Sound
160 – 200cm
Safe mode
No sound
100 – 150cm
Safe mode
Bi------Bi------Bi
70 – 90cm
Alarm mode
Bi---Bi---Bi
30 – 60cm
Danger mode
Bi-Bi-Bi
0 - 30cm
Danger mode
Bi……………

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Si also do you know if these will fit in a normal civic bumper holes (got a bumper with the holes already in) cheers Gaz

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I don't mate if you look on the page I've given the link to it has all the dimensions of the sensors. They main body is 2.1cms and the front plate is 2.5cms so you just need to measure the holes in the bumper. So long as they are 2.1cms you're laughing.

I had to drill my bumper with the supplied hole saw so a nice tight fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts