2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently bought the rear GP splitter and plan on fitting it over the weekend. By the looks of it im going to have to remove the whole rear bumper then remove the splitter.

Is the correct? also i assume its a straight forward job to remove the bumper?

Thanks

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Get a garage fit it for 20 bucks.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Ive recently bought the rear GP splitter and plan on fitting it over the weekend. By the looks of it im going to have to remove the whole rear bumper then remove the splitter.

Thanks
You should be able to do it without removing the bumper. As for fitting I'd say go to your local bodyshop/garage to get it fitted. As its something they do regularly (taking parts off) then it shouldnt take them long.

Cost me £30 to have the front and rear GP splitters fitted.

Good luck!

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
^^^ sound advice.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Thanks
theres a guide for fitting splitters in the how to section if ya want to do it urself

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Fitted mine last week and if you have bought new there should be instructions in the box. I removed the whole bumper, was easy to do. Once off there was 4 clips on the inside and bolts to remove the exhaust trim. As others have said take it a local garage/bodyshop if you dont want do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts

Thanks
Very easy job mate there are quite a few guides/posts over the net - I followed one on you tube for removing the front bumper - Make sure if you decide to do it yourself that you have 2 people for when lifting away from the car & a large blanket already on the ground as I'm sure you can imagine it will scratch very easily. Take your time and all will be :cool:

Please do not use 3rd party garages (to hit n miss for getting a good one) as they will not have the experience (as Honda will) or care if they damage anything - unlike you - because it is yours you will take your time. Unlike the garage who want you out so they can muck up the next job. Good luck

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Very easy job mate there are quite a few guides/posts over the net - I followed one on you tube for removing the front bumper - Make sure if you decide to do it yourself that you have 2 people for when lifting away from the car & a large blanket already on the ground as I'm sure you can imagine it will scratch very easily. Take your time and all will be :cool:

Please do not use 3rd party garages (to hit n miss for getting a good one) as they will not have the experience (as Honda will) or care if they damage anything - unlike you - because it is yours you will take your time. Unlike the garage who want you out so they can muck up the next job. Good luck
+1

Reactions: TH3DOCTOR

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will give it a go first :) . Ive had bumpers off of previous cars. Guess its just afew screws and plastic rivets around wheel arch and **** some arouns boot lid.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I did mine and my fiancees front and rear,, no problems.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
front and back gp fitting

just got my kit today planning on doing the fitting myself do u have to remove the bumper to do the fitting or u can do it without removing it thx

·
I-VTEC everyday ;)
562 Posts
just got my kit today planning on doing the fitting myself do u have to remove the bumper to do the fitting or u can do it without removing it thx
you have to remove the bumpers to fit them, it's only a few clips and bolts. Changed my front splitter today then it started to rain :mad: lol.. but got it all done :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts