2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Civic mk8 2006 1.8 EX
5 Posts
Hi, I have a mugen rep wing fitted to my mk8 5door and this was pre primed just one coat though when i first brought it. I took it to a body shop to get it primed again and prepped properly and sprayed i was able to get information out of others (sprayers and wrap guys)(i work and study in the industry of motorsport/motor vehicle so am able to get information quickly from buisness and friends and family ) the wrap guys were completely honest with me and said that the wrap doesnt always stick well onto the primed surface and if it does they arent a massive fan of the finish it leaves so in their honest opinion it was best to be sprayed anyway so i had mine sprayed. The wing was fitted on by the bolts and so on but I also used windscreen bonder to hold it on so that either way it wouldnt move anywhere (suggested by my cousin who works within bodywork) however i have heard many others use things such as tiger seal and sikaflex as Dazvti suggested above. hope this helps with your decision :)

·
Registered
Civic mk8 2006 1.8 EX
5 Posts
So they are naturally a bit bigger than the civic's however they are a straight swap onto the car but i would recommend having someone help put them on due to the boot may fall on ur head they can be a bit fiddly as you would think but your boot will be ok with the sizing. When opening it will go slightly higher than usual due to the longer struts but not massively and they will take a bit more strength closing it because they are made for the merc so i guess its higher gas pressure in them compared to the civics other than that they work great so i recommend them to anyone. I actually found some of the information on here from others about the struts when i got my wing fitted. hope this helps :)

·
Registered
Civic mk8 2006 1.8 EX
5 Posts
I can completely relate to that actually with the boot and steering wheel I find it pretty useful having that little bit of extra room when opening the boot just careful when they're first installed as a few people have said they have flew up i personally havent had this issue but should be all good and also take care when removing the old struts and make sure they aren't compressed when removing as they could fly up take an eye or window I'm sure they wont but just go careful!! The wood should be fine when installing the boot will have to be raised slightly higher than usual tho bit not by much as ive said good luck :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts