2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

I'm gonna get the grille badge and side decals for my new Type R to add a bit more to the look.

The dealer quoted me something like £120 for these - which I think included fitting but not sure. I see they're on ebay etc. for half that. My question is, is it easy enough to fit these so the look right or is it a bugger to make sure they line up and all that?

The grille badge looks pretty straight forward - just fix it on through the back of the grille but the stickers could easily look pretty crap if they are squint etc.

Any pointers here or should I just pay Honda to fit them?

Thanks in advance. :)

Andy

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
if they are genuine, then the backing the decal comes on lines up with the door, the side skirt and the wheel arch perfectly making it easy to line up. Once the decal is wet it is easy to line it up as per the backing; so only leave the decal to set and pull the backing off when it is lined up.

Yeah spot on mate: £120 for fitting. And it's about: £65 just for be kit...easy, but fiddily, to fit... Don't pay um for fitting, it's daylight robbery.

If the decals aren't genuine (eBay poss?) then I'm not sure how they are backed, and whether they are cut to line up.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hi folks.

The grille badge looks pretty straight forward - just fix it on through the back of the grill....

Andy

Hey Andy

Nope, the grill badge is a total nightmare. To fit it properly you have to remove all sorts of panels and trim. It's a little tricky to say the least.

Many people have chosen just to use some kind of adhesive to stick the grill on the front...

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
use your skirt or masking tape as a guide for your side sticker..as for the grill...people say remove the front bumper...i didnt do that..i had to remove the front panel and wriggle my muscly arms into the space i had for the clips on the grill...

good luck

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weird, that's the other way round from what I expected!

I'm going to the local Honda joint this morning to get the spare wheel so will ask them if they do the decals supply only. I might buy the badge then get them to fit it if it's not that dear but I always think if I can do it myself I'd rather go that route with this kind of thing. The ones I saw on ebay looked to be genuine Honda ones from Holdcroft in Stoke.

Will investigate a bit more before I part with my dough.

Cheers for the quick replies! :)

Andy

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
I think the decals and badge come together from Honda, can maybe be bought seperately from eBay or somehong, but buying from Honda will mean both bought together :)

The grille badge is fiddily, but not impossible matey. :D

Probably legit if it's Holdcroft mate :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Weird, that's the other way round from what I expected!

I'm going to the local Honda joint this morning to get the spare wheel so will ask them if they do the decals supply only. I might buy the badge then get them to fit it if it's not that dear but I always think if I can do it myself I'd rather go that route with this kind of thing. The ones I saw on ebay looked to be genuine Honda ones from Holdcroft in Stoke.

Will investigate a bit more before I part with my dough.

Cheers for the quick replies! :)

Andy
dont be mental andy get the ebay ones and i will stick them on for ya if you want if not there pretty easy to put on just mesure it with masking tape igot the ebay ones and there the exact same as the oem honda ones
they come fro scotland as well i think his ebay name is conrad 67 or summit

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Conrad supplies them on here.
I ordered a set from him and they are of first class quality.
I didn't want the side decals too large, so he reduced them by 50% to my requirements.
Don't give Honda your Dosh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts