2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bit of advice people if you can.

Fitted my Skunk2 knob tonight to my FN2, used the OEM honda nut as i couldnt figure out how to get it off ? It unscrewed but was being held in by the gaiter ?

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
I jus removed the OEM knob and fitted the Skunk2..but I did have to loosen some of the retaining nut attached to the OEM gaiter a little so the know was alligned :) hope this helps man..

tiny update -

was quite easy to take the OEM of actually..but I find that the Skunk2 fitment is not perfect as I had to release some of the retaining nut to make it go straight/aligned..anyways its on..havent driven yet tho so hopefully will be go :smile: thanks to abs-civic :smile:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
You have to just pull it out by force, try and get one of the four sides unconnected by tilting then just use force to wriggle it free, hopefully not enough force to pull the gaiter out though lol!

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
You have to just pull it out by force, try and get one of the four sides unconnected by tilting then just use force to wriggle it free, hopefully not enough force to pull the gaiter out though lol!
+1 - I used a couple of small screw drivers to unclip the gaitor from the nut.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i have it fine fitted with the oem nut its aligned perfect. Was just wondering how to remove the oem nut entirely and use the skunk2 nut if i wanted to use that.

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
ah sorry man..my bad..I think mine looks fine with the OEM nut like..

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ah sorry man..my bad..I think mine looks fine with the OEM nut like..
Yeah i think il leave the OEM nut on, went for a spirited drive last night and it definitely feels better than the standard knob. Least i know im not the only one running it with an oem nut. Whats the advantage to the skunk2 nut, just sits a bit lower ?

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
it took some gettin use to tho..felt like I wasnt driving my own car *lol* feels tiny compared to OEM..
I'm not sure bout the Skunk2 nut to be honest but I'm sure some guys will..I tried it with the OEM still in place and thought thats not bad..

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Yeah i think il leave the OEM nut on, went for a spirited drive last night and it definitely feels better than the standard knob. Least i know im not the only one running it with an oem nut. Whats the advantage to the skunk2 nut, just sits a bit lower ?
My OEM nut came off really easily. The gaitor just sits flush with the base of the gear knob using the skunk2 nut.

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Not sure whether to swap my mugen knob for skunk? Anyone had experience of both?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I found the OEM nut is heavier than the Skunk2 one, giving you a slightly weightier feel at that height, however the Skunk2 nut allows you to situate the knob lower, giving it an overall weighter feel.

I switched back and forth and decided that I preferred the knob slightly higher up and at the same position, I preferred the look and feel of the stock nut. I would like to note though that the Skunk2 nut looks like a slightly fancier version of a bolt you can buy at pretty much all hardware stores for a few cents, whereas the OEM nut is a pretty little thing and keeps the gaitor in check.

I wouldn't fuss too much about which one you use though!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.