2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no way I am going to attempt to take the front bumper off etc just to get to the front grill to fit the badge. I can't see any other way. Can anyone suggest any good double sided tape etc or any other fixing methods?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
It's much easier than you think as you only need to pull it forward, not remove it completely.

Have you tried accessing the back of the grill once you've removed the plastic cover over the slam panel?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's much easier than you think as you only need to pull it forward, not remove it completely.

Have you tried accessing the back of the grill once you've removed the plastic cover over the slam panel?
is the slam panel the plastic top on the inside of the hood above the grill etc? i have not attempeted anything yet

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

i'll give that a go at the weekend then

is there a knack for getting the plastic clips out?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
thanks

i'll give that a go at the weekend then

is there a knack for getting the plastic clips out?
Flathead screwdriver and take your time - prise and coax rather than force! I have a certain hatred for pushpins after the Civic...

i drilled two holes into the grill myself, then removed the slam panel and screwed the back of the badge on.
Proof it can be done :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
ive just removed mine... its a bit of a ball ache and you need to take your time and not snap anything

·
Registered
307 Posts
There is no way I am going to attempt to take the front bumper off etc just to get to the front grill to fit the badge. I can't see any other way. Can anyone suggest any good double sided tape etc or any other fixing methods?

i used araldite glue....easy peasy....

found the correct position for it online, put some glue on the pastic sticks on the back of the badge and some glue on the badge itself and stuck it on.

rock solid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts