2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
First off you might want to consider getting the type r skirts as its easier and looks better to me. Anyway to do this you need the four type r/s arches. What I did was remove the standard arches and splitters and fit your type r/s splitters. fit the type r/s front arches. A few inches above the bottom of the arch at the skirt stick a piece of masking tape across the arch. Do it in a straight line and run it onto the wing and onto the inner arch. Cut the tape on the edges of arch and remove the arch. You Now have a piece of masking tape on the arch and two pieces on the car. Now fit your standard arch and put a piece of masking tape to line up with the bits on the car. You now have your line to cut the arches. You can now piece your standard arch to pick up the standard skirt onto the type r arch and have it plastic welded. Hey presto. One arch to fit the type r/s splitter to standard skirts. I'm ready for the questions.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Glad you understood that, phew Maybe I make it seem complicated but it's handy enough and if your body shop knows its stuff the end result looks like its meant to be. Glad I could help and give me a shout anytime.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I had wondered if simply cutting the ends off one to fit the other might work, how strong is plastic welding?
Can you see any visible cracks etc?

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
You shouldn't be able to. Like I say. If the body shop you use are any good it will look like a proper arch once painted. Done two of these conversions and had no trouble with cracking or the welding.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Interesting to me, very very interesting, thanks for the reply brian! Don't suppose you have the body shop do you haha? I would consider an excuse for a trip to ireland to know I am having a decent job done!!!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
For the price of r/s skirts at the moment its certainly worth considering!!!

I also quite like how its sportier but a little more subtle than the actual R stuff which I suppose is fitting really for a 5dr diesel haha!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
How much did it cost you roundabout to do this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.