2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got black wheels and a few of my bolts have gone rusty so wanting to put on some black bolt covers problem is the size of mine measure 20mm diameter and the ones I can buy are either 19mm or 21mm so I don't know if these things are flexible (rubbery or hard plastic) don't know what size to get anyone fitted these?!

Am I allowed to add an eBay link to show you ones I mean or not? New here.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Could have sworn mine are 19mm mine have never fallen off and I've had them a good 2 years now

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
The bolts are around 19mm but most are hard plastic. I had to tape mine on and eventually bought metal ones from amazon which can be 'adjusted' for a secure fit.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
My nut covers pulled off easily enough with the provided tool after this winter though if left for over a year then there could be some issues. Also black nuts that fit OEM wheels are hugely expensive.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah true I can't find black OEM bolts that are reasonably priced and the black covers cost me £6.00 of amazon so will probably be crap but will give it a try for the price difference! Still need to get 4 black lock nuts but can't find OEM ones any ideas?

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are these ok for OEM wheels? Thought they had to have a ball end instead of tapered end? reading the description sounds like these are for both but just looking at them they look tapered? Confused.com

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Are these ok for OEM wheels? Thought they had to have a ball end instead of tapered end? reading the description sounds like these are for both but just looking at them they look tapered? Confused.com
They need to be ball seated ya - bit of a nightmare to find appropriate nuts!

Ive found ones on ebay for just the nuts 16 x ALLOY WHEEL NUTS FOR HONDA RADIUS/BALL SEAT LUG BOLTS M12X1.5 19MM HEX [1J] | eBay
, and ones on ebid for locking nut...
Honda Civic Locking Wheel Nuts ( 91 on ) WN0404 Alloy & Steel Wheels on eBid United Kingdom

Problem is - cheap and crap? possibly... and only in chrome... I have white ep3 alloys im going to fit on my 8th gen instead of steelies. And going to look into nut covers...

Got quoted £3 something + vat per wheel nut and £45 + vat from honda...

Your wheel nuts are most likely going to be 19mm by the way...- generally cars are either 17mm,19mm or 21mm

If you find nice cap covers let me know?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts