2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have bought the Xcarlink (via the group buy info) for the iPhone connection and the bluetooth module (direct from xcarlink) and waiting for delivery. I have done my homework on the forum in regard to fitting the xcarlink but can't find any details on how you fit the bluetooth module. I understand where it all plugs together but where have you fitted the bluetooth module and how did you run the cable? I am thinking of putting it up on the roof adjacent to the light cluster or even inside it if that's possible (like the official Honda HFT).

Can you help with some suggestions please.

Thanks

Brian

·
Banned
206 Posts
Mine has arrived today complete with bluetooth module.......

Has anyone fitted one yet ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine also arrived today. I have fitted the bluetooth module (at least put it in place) by routing it up between the driver's door and rubber seal. I am going to fit the actual electronics bit later.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK have completed the install and works fine.
A couple of queries though. It seems that if you are not on the ipod playback and the phone rings then the music is not muted. Is that correct?
Also my iphone keeps defaulting to playing via bluetooth and not through the ipod connector. Not sure if this makes any difference but a bit annoying. Does anyone know how to change this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Where have you put the bulky bit of the BT module?

Mine came today and im fitting it over the weekend.
Im considering the idea of having it in the hole behind the panel on the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Under the dashboard on the drivers side to the right of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I sort of know where you mean, do you mean 'behind/ontop' of the covering under the wheel? Or is it on the surface, visable?

AFAIK, access to the button on it is pretty pointless as all it does is accept calls (which i can do from the iPhones screen), that correct?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Easiest way to describe it is if you sit in the driver's seat and put your right hand down under the lip under the dashboard and just above the pedals, it is tucked under there. The cables then run left to the stereo and right and up the pillar to the microphone. You don't need access to the module button at all once installed.

I hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts