2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came out of work and was presented with this:

How does that even happen ? Car is barely 3 years old.

Does anyone know if this an easy fix ? can that front panel be taken apart and the badge reattached ? Or am I gonna have to get this replaced in it's entirety ? Would this fall under warranty ?

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,233 Posts
This is a common problem here in Greece due to high temperatures during summer (35-40 celcious most of the time).
I have changed mine 1 time under warranty in 2010 but when it fell down again last year i bought the f/l types one! Since then i have no problem!
Better do the same cause Malta has almost the same climate as Greece!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill take it to the Honda dealership then and have them change it. QUestion: what are f/l type badges ?

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,233 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah ok, i know those as the type-s model ones. I thought of that to be honest as I always fancied them more than the star trek look of the original 5dr model

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,233 Posts
it is also cheaper...;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi

I've had same thing happen to my car...which is English but in Rhodes, so the temperatures have done it!!

I am thinking of replacing the grill with a sports one, but in the meantime do you know if it is possible to undo the perspex and reattach?

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Ill take it to the Honda dealership then and have them change it. QUestion: what are f/l type badges ?
FL means facelift grill which is this, and if this badge does come off it is easier to replace since it is not covered by plastic.

Good luck finding a sports one, honda have discontiuned them.

To remove the perspex cover you put the grill in the oven at 130C and pull it out after 5min or so and pull the front off.
The oven softens the glue.
But be careful

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
I laughed at the photo :lol: change to a sport grill?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just an update: front plate ordered under warranty. Also ordered the driver side handle as the plastic was cracking :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
H badge fallen down.

Hi, does anyone know if this is fixable at home. My car is nearly 8years old, so obviously not under warranty. The H has just fallen down.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Si.

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
Hi, does anyone know if this is fixable at home. My car is nearly 8years old, so obviously not under warranty. The H has just fallen down.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Si.
Welcome to :civinfo:

Do you need reading glasses? - a home repair is suggested a few posts up, here :facepalm:

There's also a guide How To Remove the Grill.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts