2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

FK2 or FK8 for Longer Drives? Ride Harshness.

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Xplicit 
#1 ·
Hey,

I'm considering trading my 1.8 14 Civic for a FK2 or FK8.

It will be the only car in my house hold. It'll sometimes be used for driving around Uk and abroad, sometimes with my young daughter.

Heard some people say the FK2 is a harsh ride. How bad is it compared to the FK8? am I better off waiting for FK8 prices to drop towards 20k mark (max I want to spend).

I'm not overly precious about smooth/luxurious driving experiences, more interested in performance car that makes me smile and is also a good all rounder in terms of hauling luggage, usual day to day stuff etc. At the same time, don't want something thats going to be really uncomfortable for passengers on long drives.

Cheers!

#2 ·
The seats in the fk2 are great. I can do 500 miles a day with no issues. The fk8 in comfort mode is probably the least harshest setting between the two cars. But I've never found the fk2 in sport mode to be overly harsh.. + r is a different story tho

Reactions: B80
#4 ·
I'd suggest an FK8 would be most comfortable, both in terms of suspension and assistive technologies:- the LKAS / ACC features are a revelation on longer drives, and make long drives far less draining.

As I've gone from a standard 9G to an FK8, I'd say the interior on the FK8 is a nicer setup for grand touring:- There was a major focus throughout development, as you can read here: Honda Global | Civic Type R - Engineer Talk 01

With regards to pricing; There was a Black FK8 at Crown in Hendon, 1 year old / 20,000 Miles for £24,000 - So the price is approaching your budget!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.