2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Achtung Owls!
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps -

Im perma-installing a dashcam and an old phone near the mirror (phone to be running TORQUE from Bluetooth OBD , just because I can).

Rather than faff about with the fusebox and hook into the option-pins, I thought id just connect a second power socket hidden near the gearstick, concealed by the armrest housing.

just took the supply off the pins of the existing power socket - worked really well, then I realized that I had totally failed to take electrical current into account when choosing the rubbish THIN wire, and the +ve wire of course overheated while I was testing it (good job really, rather than later, eh?) .

Heard a "click" .. which I presume was the fuse blowing as the original socket doesn't work anymore -everything else is fine though, so almost certainly fuse.

Thing is , cant find any fuse documentation - but I think ive been reading that I want FUSE 29 on the interior fuseboard near the steering wheel - am I right?

(actually, for extra youre-on-my-xmas-card-list-if-I-had-one points, is there a pdf or similar for fuse assignments?)

Miaow miaow!
-Simon

·
Achtung Owls!
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesomenessitudal acknowledgements to you sir! :) thanks for that , youre a star. Here, have an air-guitar solo in your honour.. **air-KERANNNNGGGGGG**

Miaow!
-Si

1 - 4 of 4 Posts