2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I can't lower my car coz my wheels are to wide so where and how much is it to get the arches flaired or made wider?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Get an arch roller, or find a mate with one :) Flairing you arches will be a big job, best ask a local body shop if they offer such services.

Out of interest, what wheels you running with what offset/ tyre size?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
18'S with I believe 8"width wheels mate.its wider than the car mate

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you lowered it with those wheels on guys ? And parden the lack of knowledge but what does offset mean

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Offset is the distance of the centre of the wheel to the surface of the hub. Original offset on the Civic is ET 55. If you get a ET45 wheel you are widening the distance by 10mm, ET40 widens the distance to 15mm and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_(wheel)

As for flairing the arches, you might find a problem due to the plastic trim around the edges of the arches. Probably could be done but it will be expensive compared to just rolling the arches i'd assume. You could go the Mugen wheelarch extensions but they are expensive.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I meet a5hy over the weekend and we could see the rear wheels sitting just outside the arch.

a5hy, you need to find out what those wheels are. If it is +55 they would be inside the arch. You could see my front wheels with the 15mm spacer (Making it +40) they would still sit just inside/inline the arch so those wheels are likely to have a lower '+' offset if you know what i mean.

Just a thought, since you are running 225/40/18 (if I remember correctly) and the tyres are 'stretch' the wheels might be too wide. You need to find that out so the guys can help

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
im running 19x8j offset ET40 lowered 25mm (15mm ctr) and it wasnt fine, i had to raise the car 5mm

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
A5hy, do a CTR bodykit swap ??

That'll give the rear arches another 10mm or so over the standard kit, with a bit of imagination you could get them wider still; but you'd need to fill a few gaps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.