2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the Flash Car Wash thing that 'Auto Drys' using de-ionised water??

Obviously I won't be using it instead of getting in there with my Maguiars, but on those occasions when I need the car looking half decent, but haven't got 3 hours to spend on cleaning, I thought this product might come in handy......

Anyone??:confused: :confused: :?:

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one Glass.....I think I might get one from eBay....

Anyone else like to share their personal experience of the Flash Thing??

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I've never used one, but my sister doesn't like washing her car, but she bought one of these. She likes it as it saves putting extra effort into it.

When I was first looking at buying one they were about £25, a friend told me the other day he bought one in Asda for £8 somthing. Not sure if this is a nationwide thing, I haven't been into an Asda to check. Maybe you should check before going to ebay :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
We bought one about a year ago. Chucked it out last month; useless... It never foamed like it did in the ads, failed to clean the car effortlessly and whilst it did leave a Crystal Grey car streak and drying mark free, the (dark) Imperial Blue was left pretty much as normal - a mess.

2 of our neighbours found the same. We paid full price too - including refills. I must have MUG written on my forehead... :(

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
From my previous online home...

Results vary massively depending on where you live - or more importantly how hard / soft your water is.

In theory, and in practise, with the right kind of water, this basic method of using de-ionised water does produce the published results.

To the point where several owners went to the expense of installing virtually industrial versions in their garages!

But many found, as mentioned above, that it was a complete waste of money :(

If you can pick one up cheap, might be worth a go - and if you get good results you can then decide what to do from there on in :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have used one of these for the last year without any problems, the car is left streak free. The only problem is that the harder the water the more frequently a change of the filter is required.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Strangely, we live in a soft water area, and it still didn't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts