2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I went for it this morning!

A 5 min phone call to TDI North and the Flash Pro will be here Friday lunchtime.

Couldn't manage before then as Paul is away till Wednesday and he's the guy who deals with them.

Was going to get an HKS RSK also and run that with the Group N map but have heard conflicting advice regards the Group N so will be getting a map from Culasse (Paul) and running that with my stock setup which will do me for now! :D

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Well I went for it this morning!

A 5 min phone call to TDI North and the Flash Pro will be here Friday lunchtime.

Couldn't manage before then as Paul is away till Wednesday and he's the guy who deals with them.

Was going to get an HKS RSK also and run that with the Group N map but have heard conflicting advice regards the Group N so will be getting a map from Culasse (Paul) and running that with my stock setup which will do me for now! :D
Grats mate.

You will see some nice gains over standard with just a flash pro & custom map.

Around 8hp if im correct?

If you were to get a few mods, then a map - you'd see a greater result of course.

However, if the above is all you are after, you will have a very nice stealth car!

Make sure you post your results,

will be keen to see ha ha :)

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup :) not too bothered about bhp, its more the mid range omff im after! Although the bhp increase is a bonus! Not sure if pauls maps lower the vtec point, if so what would you suggest? 4000rmp?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
you don't suggest a point for vtec, it's based on mods etc and its put where the high cam starts to make more torgue than the low cam.

There are a few very professional tuners on here including " Etuners" who will happily map your car.

·
Registered
639 Posts
As Stoney already pointed out it`s the engine`s characteristics (and mods if installed) that determine the optimal VTEC crossover.

Ali, now that your flashpro is on its way this might be a good time to go to the Hondata website> flashpro help section and soak up as much info as you can getting to know the basics.
Things like installing and registering flashpro, uploading and downloading maps and datalogs etc.

You may have to switch off your anti virus scanners temporarily when you install flashpro to prevent issues when starting it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.