2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

want to get a flash pro after all the rave reviews
the only thing is i want to keep the car totally standard(i know)
just want to get it to kick in at 3400,and leave it at that,
then could i still sell the flashpro or do u have to keep it,ps would i need a differant map
or just flashpro it,cheers:confused:..

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
No mate,

Once you own the flash pro it can only be used on one car per time.

You would have to unlock it from your car before passing on the flash pro to some one else.

I wouldn't recommend the Group N map anyway on the flash pro

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Buy a flashpro and get a custom map from for example Paul aka Culasse. My car is standard at the moment with only flashpro and a custom map from Paul and the car is totally different than stock.

A custom map costs 50 euro from Paul.

so can i just buy the flashpro,plug it in and will still go to 3400
or do i have to do anything else..

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
It's worth it mate, believe me :)

Also if you chuck a few other mods in you'll see some very impressive gains!
Very true mate !!

I got the flashpro from tdi north on Saturday and had my car mapped as well all i have to the engine is a tegwia induction kit and a miltek cat back but i saw 222bhp an the car feels so much better for it the mid-range u get is really good :)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the group n map, its not bad at all. If you have the extra definately get it dyno tuned from TDI North

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Very true mate !!

I got the flashpro from tdi north on Saturday and had my car mapped as well all i have to the engine is a tegwia induction kit and a miltek cat back but i saw 222bhp an the car feels so much better for it the mid-range u get is really good :)
haha you did look happy when you came back from test driving your car! Glad you're enjoying it!

I ran the group N map for a short while but it is MUCH better once properly mapped (and as said chuck in a few mods at the same time if you can!) :D

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
haha you did look happy when you came back from test driving your car! Glad you're enjoying it!
i am enjoying it mate made the car so much better an nicer to drive :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Do you really think?

I was bitterly disappointed with the GroupN map - I thought the car felt slower, picked up poorly & used too much petrol... also think it made my car sound awful!

My opinion at least ;<
Maybe it just didn't suit your car?? Both times it's been top stuff on mine although Paul has trimmed the fueling as a temporary measure before full mapping. Custom dyno mapping is better but Grp N is still better than stock. Either way I think we're both saying everyone with Flashpro should custom map eventually :D

·
Batmobiles Rule &#9996;
6,587 Posts
just phoned tdi north,flaspro with custom map
all in £850..
Buy one, load the group N map and then when you can afford take it to TDI North and get a custom map. You won't regret it.:)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Do you really think?

I was bitterly disappointed with the GroupN map - I thought the car felt slower, picked up poorly & used too much petrol... also think it made my car sound awful!

My opinion at least ;<
It just runs rich.

I have a groupN base that I have tuned to run 12.8 AFR and its absolutely fine. This will make it use much less petrol when at full throttle.

As for the other parts you will also find that the Ecu is in a learning process at the start and any map will improve after its been used for around 100 miles or so.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
It just runs rich.

I have a groupN base that I have tuned to run 12.8 AFR and its absolutely fine. This will make it use much less petrol when at full throttle.

As for the other parts you will also find that the Ecu is in a learning process at the start and any map will improve after its been used for around 100 miles or so.
A few people have reported it runs rich, what sort of AFR did you see at third gear WOT before you tweeked it? How did it compare to when the car had a stock map (which also runs rich).

I was chatting to nuno the other day and he said looking at the fuel tables its the same as stock, (Ive not looked myself). I remember when I ran it for about a week it did seem rich, but I didnt compare to stock the map loaded at the time and now I cant go back to a stock map for obvious reasons.

The learning process your talking about is the KIL, it learns after about 5 drive cycles (max) and depending on the custom map it will either make the car worse or have no change at all.

Reactions: summ0004

·
Registered
684 Posts
A few people have reported it runs rich, what sort of AFR did you see at third gear WOT before you tweeked it? How did it compare to when the car had a stock map (which also runs rich).

I was chatting to nuno the other day and he said looking at the fuel tables its the same as stock, (Ive not looked myself). I remember when I ran it for about a week it did seem rich, but I didnt compare to stock the map loaded at the time and now I cant go back to a stock map for obvious reasons.

The learning process your talking about is the KIL, it learns after about 5 drive cycles (max) and depending on the custom map it will either make the car worse or have no change at all.
I think the groupN untuned AFR kind of sloped from 12.8 at the lower end of vtec engagement all the way down to about high 11 at 8000 rpm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.