2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now i have a strange HID problem that are standard Honda fitted.

Regularly they go on and off for the short time. First i thought it was on speedbumps but this morning i was standing still.

I don't know why but i suspect the rear level switch that controls the hight of the HID but i don't how fast the leveler works..

Is that possible or am i talking nonsense [smilie=noeyedear-s:and has anyone had the same problem?

Dealer could not find any problem. Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looks like both sites but i think it started on the left side.
You could try swapping either the bulbs over or the ballast units over. By doing this if it only happens on one side you will be eliminating a loose connection, the bulb or the ballast.

If you swap the bulb over to the other side and the problem follows it will be the bulb causing the problem however if it stays on the same side it will be the ballast. The same will apply if you swap the ballast units over. Hope this makes sense and helps.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could try swapping either the bulbs over or the ballast units over. By doing this if it only happens on one side you will be eliminating a loose connection, the bulb or the ballast.

If you swap the bulb over to the other side and the problem follows it will be the bulb causing the problem however if it stays on the same side it will be the ballast. The same will apply if you swap the ballast units over. Hope this makes sense and helps.
It makes sense. I'll give it a try. Hope it's a easy job ;)

Thanks so far and i'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
i have the same problem, i think it are the bulbs them selve, when i had 6000k new bulbs for better looks i did not had that problem anymore, when changed back to the originals i had it again, if you use the HID much, i thing you have to change the bulbs every 3 years or so...

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the same problem, i think it are the bulbs them selve, when i had 6000k new bulbs for better looks i did not had that problem anymore, when changed back to the originals i had it again, if you use the HID much, i thing you have to change the bulbs every 3 years or so...
Every 3 year is fast. Normally HID bulbs last much longer i think?
At £68 / €74 a piece that's a lot of money :mad:

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
i know, i think the quality of Honda's HID are not that great... there are some bad thing's happening with them. When you start the car at night, the HID's are allready on and get a dip in the power, not healthy, also blinking involves using them isn't healthy either...

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i know, i think the quality of Honda's HID are not that great... there are some bad thing's happening with them. When you start the car at night, the HID's are allready on and get a dip in the power, not healthy, also blinking involves using them isn't healthy either...
You got a point. Better replace them before i'm driving in the dark [smilie=shake.gif]

Does Autobulbs ship to the Netherlands?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Yes we do ship there and don't forget your 10% discount with us too. Please also note The 6000K bulbs are priced and sold in pairs :)

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Yes we do ship there and don't forget your 10% discount with us too. Please also note The 6000K bulbs are priced and sold in pairs :)
Nice. No problem to change the original to 6000K? Is it legal?

Another question, how do i get the discount?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice. No problem to change the original to 6000K? Is it legal?

Another question, how do i get the discount?
No these will be fine to change and are road legal. To get the discount you will need to enter civinfo10 into the discount code box when viewing your basket, it will then take 10% off the total price. Hope this helps. :)

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
No these will be fine to change and are road legal. To get the discount you will need to enter civinfo10 into the discount code box when viewing your basket, it will then take 10% off the total price. Hope this helps. :)
Oke. I'll think about ordering a set.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts