2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This morning when I started the car for the first time since last night, the fan sounded quite noisy from outside the car, I thought perhaps it's to do with the A/C being on.

I switched off the A/C but it still sounded loud, i also noticed the check system light and coil light flashing. I turned off the car and the fan stayed on for around 4-5 minutes.

It seems now that the fan isn't staying on after turning the car off, but there is still the check system and flashing coil light.

Perhaps a little premature posting this as I will try getting a HDS plugged into it later, but has anyone got any ideas to why this is happening?
I will update once I get an error code.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Had this on my last civic. Your sensor and probably the connector is corroded.

The connector it the same as a honda Jazz indicator (or repeater) connector I believe.

Arnold Clark wanted £150 to fix - my local indi did it for £105.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had this on my last civic. Your sensor and probably the connector is corroded.

The connector it the same as a honda Jazz indicator (or repeater) connector I believe.

Arnold Clark wanted £150 to fix - my local indi did it for £105.

Do you have the part numbers? I can then get an indi to do this for me too.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Do you have the part numbers? I can then get an indi to do this for me too.
Sorry I don't. I bought the car from a Vauxhall Arnold Clark who sent it to be diagnosed by the Honda branch 6 miles up the road. When I got their quote it had listed 'coolant sensor harness repair kit'.

I went to my local indi who phoned the same Honda dealer asked for a price for the 'coolant sensor harness repair kit'. the Honda parts guy didn't know what he was talking about. When my guy explained the problem the Honda guy said ah you need a new sensor and this connector.

I think its a well enough known issue that any Honda dealer should know what parts you need.

Maybe ask Ash (a.roden) to check for you. Post a request in this thread;
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/buying-dealers-servicing/109726-exciting-times-ahead-brindley-honda-cannock-civinfo-user-discount-coming-soon-26.html

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I think if a fault is not present for three consecutive starts the ecu turns off the light.

Its likely it will come back. I noticed Cox have quoted someone else £10 for the connector.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you were right, it's back.
Cox said they don't currently have the adapter in stock, so will wait on this being available.

Might try to check for corrosion in the meanwhile.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
is the sensor in the from COX and sensor from Eurocarparts the same (Part No.: 224600070)
Price difference of around £40

1 - 14 of 14 Posts