2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done a few searches on this but still none the wiser. Glow plug light flashes and the large engine light comes on in the middle of the rev counter cluster. Car runs fine. Is this anything to worry about and will it fail mot in current state? If not then I will just live with it.

·
i-Vtec
2,534 Posts
On the last forum I was on a flashing glow plug light meant there was knackered glow plugs. But as there is an EML get the code read. And no it wont fail the Mot but when it gets realy cold your car will be harder to start. Glow plugs are check as chips these days and really should be a service item.

·
Administrator
18,079 Posts
I agree @Das, glow plugs weren't in any service guides when I looked but when you look up the parts it then says should be replaced every 60k miles! :facepalm:

As mentioned, they are cheap and easy to replace to if you're over 60k then there's no harm in changing them. Or at the very least check all the connections are good.

Doesn't the glow plug light also imply a possible fault with the relay?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll be checking the glow plugs at some point then...Also DTC codes were B1227 and B1241 using tin foil trick. Not sure they relate to glow plugs though???... Anyway cleared codes, disconnected battery for 2 hours and been for several drives. Result...plug light still flashing and big eml light still flashing but codes have not come back. Should codes reappear if fault still there? Also why doesn't small eml light stay on if there is a fault?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts