2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DERVhead
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been a while since I've posted here and a while since I've been behind the wheel of a Honda!

I've got a 2002 1.6 sport and it has been perfect as a cheap run around up until last night!
I drove 6 miles and parked up my car and when I came back the green key light was flashing on the dash and it won't start! Recovery driver said it's an immobiliser problem. I've tried the spare but it still doesn't work! The fob also doesn't lock or unlock now so I'm guessing the key has lost its pairing?

Honda seem disinterested unless I bring it in. I was wondering if there would be anything worth trying beforehand? I was thinking of maybe a new battery? It seemed fine last night but now I've tried it again this evening it seems really flat.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
This happened with my car as well, its 2006 plate but it was indeed the flat battery. After i've changed the battery everything went to its normal way.

P.S. It died suddenly, i went to the gym and when i wanted to get home it was dead. One of the cells had given up.

·
DERVhead
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help guys :)

I will try that first aftermath. That's what I'm hoping the problem is. The fact I've tried both keys to me says it's not a pairing problem.

The car is only worth a grand so taking it to the steelers and having them put a new immobiliser in seems a little pointless! I'm looking at a CTR in the next few months anyway

·
DERVhead
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out of curiously did the battery seem flat at the time aftermath? Last night mine seemed fine. All the electrics came on, and everything work and it didn't seem flat at all. All that was holding off the engine from firing up was the immobiliser!

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Out of curiously did the battery seem flat at the time aftermath? Last night mine seemed fine. All the electrics came on, and everything work and it didn't seem flat at all. All that was holding off the engine from firing up was the immobiliser!
Mine had a dead cell when i brought it for a check. I had lights and could unlock the car but thats it. When I wanted to fire up the engine the dash was flashing and the lights would go off for a sec than back on. The clock would reset to 0:00 as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts