2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dutch
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have a problem with my interior lights when my car runs idle, my interior lights are flashing. When I do more rpm it stops. Does anybody know what the problem can be? When the car is off and the lights are on there is no flashing?

I recently had also suffered from VSA, ABS lights spontaneously turned on, and power steering which suddenly disappears. Honda dealer didn't find anything on that.

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Any problems starting the car? Reason why I ask is that my accord had same probs round safari park at the weekend. Vsa, abs and airbag errors where flashing up randomly. Went to close windows after parking and they went up very gingerly and after turning off ignition had to call AA for a jump start, diagnosed battery on it's way out. Not surprised at 98k miles though with original battery. It's charging just above the 12.5v needed to start the car but not reaching full charge hence problems when car is run for long periods with aircon, sat nav etc draining it.

Hope this helps,
Gaz

·
Dutch
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any problems starting the car? Reason why I ask is that my accord had same probs round safari park at the weekend. Vsa, abs and airbag errors where flashing up randomly. Went to close windows after parking and they went up very gingerly and after turning off ignition had to call AA for a jump start, diagnosed battery on it's way out. Not surprised at 98k miles though with original battery. It's charging just above the 12.5v needed to start the car but not reaching full charge hence problems when car is run for long periods with aircon, sat nav etc draining it.

Hope this helps,
Gaz

Hi Gaz!

Thanks, but had no problems with starting yet :p (hopefully it stays like this:)

My battery is 2 months old, I checked it after a ride, at it was 12,79V.

The problems with the VSA and ABS where there only once, didn't came back:S

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Sorry - not here - I don't usually have the interior lights on while Engine is running :(

Are all the interior lights flashing?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Are they flashing on and off or bright and dim?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
An alternator is an electromechanical device that converts mechanical energy to electrical energy in the form of alternating current.

Basically it's what provides the electricity when the engine is running

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Ahaa, but when I make more rpm it's gone, that is weird isn't it? :)
Definately get your alternator checked, that is a sign it is on its way out. When the car is ticking over the alternator is turning slow and if it is on its way out it will not be producing enough power. Revving the engine will in turn increase the speed of the alternator and increase the amount of current being supplied which gives enough power to stop the lights flickering.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Battery might be fully charged even with a dogy alternator (it all depends on how many miles you do). Its the output from the alternator that needs to be checked not the battery. Better to take it to a garage to get it checked out.

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
Battery might be fully charged even with a dogy alternator (it all depends on how many miles you do). Its the output from the alternator that needs to be checked not the battery. Better to take it to a garage to get it checked out.
+1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts