2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

Picked up my 57 plate Civic sport today. I love it and have been staring at it for ages (sad I know).

Anyway I just got home, went to the boot to get some stuff out, shut the boot and locked it. As I walk back past the drivers side I notice a little red light flashing on the dashboard. It's in the lower left of the dash and I have not noticed it whilst driving.

Is anyone able to tell me please what it means? I assume it signifies something but no idea what.

Regards,

Say Cheese

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alarm? I didn't know it had an alarm.
Bonus :)

So is there anyway of testing it? Other than the obvious brick through the window. Lol.
Oh and thanks for the quick reply and welcome.

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I tested by accidentally locking the other half in after filling at a petrol station and going in to pay.

Gave her a fright and made me happy that it worked!

Otherwise just leave the window open and leave it a couple of minutes to set properly and then stick your hand in (That'll check the sensors inside the car). To check the external - lock with the remote and then open with the key.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all.
I will test it tomorrow during the day. I don't think that the neighbours will be too impressed if I go out and play with the alarm at nearly midnight. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts