2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to order flashpro at the end of the week from tdi, is it safe to upload group n map with hks rsk and martelius cat back exhaust, eventually gonna get up to tdi for tegi mani and custom map but for the time being wanna try group n, would it be okay?? Thanks

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Yes they will be fine

I, like yourself recently ran the Group N map on Milltek cat back & HKS RSK.

I would honestly recommend that you don't run the Group N map. I found myself using a LOT of fuel and was very disappointed with the Group N map. If i was you i'd wait, get the exhaust manifold & then fit it along with a custom map (that's what i got done today) - The gains are spectacular

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
The group n map is fine, Ive been running it with my Martelius and mani with no problems whatsoever. If your car is a daily driver I wouldnt suggest you get a mani though!! I have the Tegi and at 70mph its unbelieveably loud, it does sound good though. Consider very carefully! it more than doubled the volume of the exhaust

·
Registered
684 Posts
GroupN is an awful map in my opinion, i'd rather run standard map than that!
That will depend on mods.

If you have lots of mods including the intake then the MAF tune on GN will not be too good.

If you keep the cars intake as stock and dont mess about with manifolds etc then the Group N will run pretty like the stock map on low cam and part throttle, and will just have the lower vtec on full throttle.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not a daily drive, just once in the week and at the weekends! I too have the martelius after hearing and reading your review guitaralmond decided to go for it, spoke to tdi south yesterday about getting flashpro custom map plus tegi mani fitted, so its all happening now can't wait lol. ;) gonna happen in next 2 weeks ;)

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
It's not a daily drive, just once in the week and at the weekends! I too have the martelius after hearing and reading your review guitaralmond decided to go for it, spoke to tdi south yesterday about getting flashpro custom map plus tegi mani fitted, so its all happening now can't wait lol. ;) gonna happen in next 2 weeks ;)
Nice one mate. I'm getting the manifold fitted + Tegiwa airbox at Tdi north in a couple of weeks. Would be interesting to compare the results.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Just out of interest can you hear the RSK over the exhaust? I was thinking about one but it might be a bit pointless lol

I had one on my last Type R with the Milltek and it was louder than the exhaust...

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At the moment I only have Hks and martelius and you can definitely hear it, when it hits the vtec there is an eruption of sound plus just before you can hear it sucking. However when I have the manifold on and lower vtec point from the flashpro I don't know. Going from what you said of it doubling in volume I doubt you will hear it, I'm gonna leave the intake for now as I love it. Can't wait to hear the noise will have a similar set up to you, and my name is Alex too lol ;)

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
How does it sound now with the manifold? Your running the same power as mine just a bit more torque (161ftlb)
To be honest mate it's very discreet with the OEM exhaust all the way upto vetech then you get the raw raspy noise from the engine. Not heard it outside the car as yet. With your cat back it will be louder. A lot! But that's ok for me I wanted it quieter. Lots of midrange pull. ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.