2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I had Flashpro fitted by TDI North a while ago, decided to remove it from car and sell it on.
So I plugged it in and had to download latest version of software, return to stock map downloaded from Hondata, then it allowed me to unlock it from ECU/vehicle. Message displayed that it was now unlocked.
Happy days or so I thought, new owner received Flashpro and when he has plugged it in it says it is locked to a different ECU???
He sent me a screenshot to confirm this.
I am confused, help please?????

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Hello, I had Flashpro fitted by TDI North a while ago, decided to remove it from car and sell it on.
So I plugged it in and had to download latest version of software, return to stock map downloaded from Hondata, then it allowed me to unlock it from ECU/vehicle. Message displayed that it was now unlocked.
Happy days or so I thought, new owner received Flashpro and when he has plugged it in it says it is locked to a different ECU???
Sorry can't help with your problem:( but could you tell me why you removed the flash pro? As it's something I was thinking of doing

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
I've never heard of that problem. Sounds like you done your bit just fine mate.

Are you sure the new owner hasn't tried to flash his/her mate's car before their own car?

If the new owner's problem persists then I would suggest the new owner getting in touch with Hondata support - they will be able to resolve the problem.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
lets see the screenshot.

Also its best you return your ECU to stock as apposed to uploading the stock map, but Im probably just being anal

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Sorry can't help with your problem:( but could you tell me why you removed the flash pro? As it's something I was thinking of doing
He has sold the car doc

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Did you do the following:

See attached screenshot

unlock flashpro from car using option 1

return ecu to stock using option 2

lock flashpro to new car using option 3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that is what I did, except step 3 because I do not have the new car available to lock it to.
Do I need to delete any further information once it has unlocked?:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Let's see the screenshot.

It could be that the person you have sold it to already has a flashpro map on his car which will stop your flashpro talking to it.

In which case I think he needs to connect your flashpro and then select unlock and then lock yours to it.

Screen shot might shed some light though.

Hondata won't unlock a Flashpro unit that is already locked to a car.

Considering purchasing a used FlashPro? What you need to check.
The FlashPro must be unlocked by the seller. Have the seller send you this screenshot which shows the serial number password and lock status. Hondata does not unlock FlashPros. The reason for this policy is to prevent both fraud (against us) and theft (against you)
Very bottom of the page: FlashPro Civic Si

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I'm the buyer and the screen shot is below. All I did was plug it into my car turn the ignition on and saw some flashing lights so I pulled it out and plugged it into the laptop and It said the previous maps on this flashpro are out of date so I deleted them but then when I press upload for the new map it said the VIN does not match.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2316/81545298.jpg
And that VIN is the seller's?

It looks certainly looks to me like it has not been unlocked.

If the seller has now sold his car, then that Flashpro is unusable on another car unless you can get hold of the dealer who has it or the new owner.

Unless someone knows a trick to reset the Flashpro. There must be a way, maybe a software reflash, but I would expect only Hondata can do this and as their website says, they won't.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you give any assistance as to why it displayed that it was unlocked but then locked again when connected to new ECU. Do I need to delete or confirm anything once it reads it is unlocked??
Do I need to save/shutdown the Flashpro manager in any particular way??

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes everything went according to the instructions, very straightforward. Should be getting delivered back to me shortly so I will try again. When I have done the unlocking at the vehicle am I correct in thinking I could then interrogate the Flashpro unit at any PC to check it shows unlocked on the Flashpro screen??

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Flashpro Unlocked

Flashpro now unlocked, see attached image.
Not sure what happened first time around but it is all OK now??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Flashpro now unlocked, see attached image.
Not sure what happened first time around but it is all OK now??
Correct, that is unlocked.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts