2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , got my flashpro 2day , but I have not got a clue what to do Even after reading the instructions,was going to load the group n map, does it say group n upload when I connect it to car or do I have 2 pick a calibration myself,so confused,plus I have a cpl manifold and cpl induction kit going on Thursday .help..I'm really really really bad with computers,just though I could plug it in and upload group n.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stuck already ,trying 2 load flashpro into computer, at the stage were it's says install USB drivers..but it's stuck at this stage and says .error SETting up inf file(error:access denied)error updating USB driver(error)..that's me had enough ,putting it back in the box.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, will do, when more funds become available , want 2 run the group n map in the meantime , but can't even get it registered with my details , phone cpl tomorro.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Go to the Hondata site and read the instructions on how to install flashpro on your car.
It really is easy if you follow their advice.
I can set you up with a custom tune when the CPL intake and manifold are installed. I have some excellent maps for this combo.

Paul.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Stuck already ,trying 2 load flashpro into computer, at the stage were it's says install USB drivers..but it's stuck at this stage and says .error SETting up inf file(error:access denied)error updating USB driver(error)..that's me had enough ,putting it back in the box.
These were the instructions that came with mine.............
1. Install the Flashpro manager software.
2. Start the Flashpro manager program and check for updates.
3. Once you have the updates installed connect the Flashpro to the PC and install USB drivers.
4. From the Flashpro manager open the Flashpro window.
5. Fill out your owner information and save to the Flashpro.
6. Register your flashpro with Hondata.

If you have plugged the Flashpro unit into your PC before you have downloaded your updates you may have to unistall the Flashpro manager and then start again.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Don't let the PC automatically find the usb driver. You need to locate them manually. Open the help window from the flashpro manager and then look at the section for installing drivers. There are a couple of sections for differing windows operating systems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had to google it to find out how to fix the problem,someone had the same thing happen to them, and posted a how to fix.anyway I'm glad that's out the way, will upload the group n map 2morro,one more silly question , will it say group n on pc when I connect it 2 the car, or will I have to pick a map if so WHich one is the group n, thanks ****** for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
It states group n map under the new calibrations tab. It's easy to do I did mine last Sunday and makes a good difference :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes,got it sorted,it was my laptop that was the problem.loaded the group n map and went for a quick spin, the car felt a lot more eager and the engine note sounded more aggressive , the main reason I got it was to get the car custom tuned for my cpl manifold and induction kit...and I love it when the v- tec kicks in early.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Hey eddie,

Glad you got the flashpro sorted. I'm running the group N ecu and have to say it's the best mod i've bought. Remember that you can also squeeze extra mpg with the group N map as it completely disables v-tec under half throttle. My fuel consumption has been better since switching and I have lead in my boots! Enjoy.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Hey eddie,

Glad you got the flashpro sorted. I'm running the group N ecu and have to say it's the best mod i've bought. Remember that you can also squeeze extra mpg with the group N map as it completely disables v-tec under half throttle. My fuel consumption has been better since switching and I have lead in my boots! Enjoy.

you shluld get a custom tune and really get the best out of your engine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts