Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
My downfall. I'm 47, should know better :laugh2:

Attachments

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,023 Posts
While you're in a good mood, will you sell me the FN2 for a tenner?
Hahaha, brilliant mate. Last night of my holiday and I'm in a similar state. Although I wouldn't be selling any car for a tenner :wink3: 15quid.......? :grin2:

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Alcohol, curry and laughing at my wuss mate playing scary games for me :laugh2:

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Groan.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Had to get some fresh air today so decided to clay the car. Bonnet has some scratches so I am gonna keep my eye out for a carbon one. Will get some spark plugs to put in, don't think they have been changed.

Attachments

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I've decided what I want to do to the car in terms of mods. Going to keep it looking oem, maybe drop it 15mm and put camber bolts / arms on. JDM rear arb and semi slick tyres.
Get a 2.5" B-pipe and possibly a rear box, sportex do a silenced b pipe and back box that looks oem.
Induction, not sure which yet, might try hondata mod and filter. Exhaust mani and high flow cat if I can keep it quiet. Starters.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Sportex fit ok flashy but are mild steel, good for around 2 years then they seem to start falling apart. better off with a Stainless one for a few quid more.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Do you recommend just a 2.5" b pipe instead then Spike? I want to keep as oem looking as possible but make a bit of stealth power :wink3:

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Gotta say I am impressed with the volume of EP3 parts available, seen Dc sports mani for £275, a full exhaust system and sports cat for £150!!

@shaunwistow my headlights have "yellowed" a bit, got any tips bud to make em nice again, or is it a case of get some new ones? Ta

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,654 Posts
Gotta say I am impressed with the volume of EP3 parts available, seen Dc sports mani for £275, a full exhaust system and sports cat for £150!!

@shaunwistow my headlights have "yellowed" a bit, got any tips bud to make em nice again, or is it a case of get some new ones? Ta
Depends if it's inside the glass or not. Joking apart try some toothpaste, if that helps then it's obviously on the outside & you can polish them back up

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Mint :laugh2:

Cheers bud, I will give it a try :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Depends how loud you want it mate. b-pipe certainly wakes the car up. I preferred just the backbox replacement sound. B-pipe was just to loud.

Sportex also needed a little modifying to fit as the welds were to close to the holes obstructing the bolts. Nothing major but just a heads up.

If I were to do it again I'd go custom or a more reputable brand. Mugen twin loop being one :)

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'd get a silenced b pipe tbh.
I've seen the mugen twin loop :smile3:

11.00 onwards >:)

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Blood brothers :laugh2:
Nice seeing these two together on my drive, pity nobody on here wanted the Fn2, would have been nice to see it on here again. Ah well.

Attachments

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Blood brothers :laugh2:
Nice seeing these two together on my drive, pity nobody on here wanted the Fn2, would have been nice to see it on here again. Ah well.
You left it on for about a week :lol:

Took me 2-3 months to shift my 2.2 at a bargain and even then I held onto the key tightly when I handed her over :(

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I'm impatient :smile3:
You're either keen or you're not. Wanted to sell it on here to keep it in the family, just feel someone has missed an opportunity on a decent car with extras. Looks like it will sell locally.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Why selling mate ? Keep it, buy some more Type R's models and make a Type R museum :laugh2:.

Now that you have both side by side how do you compare them. What's your thoughts, pros and cons about each of them ?

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I miss my EP3.

Regarding the B-pipe. I seem to remember there was a guy making and selling B-pipes that mated up to the OEM backbox. Proved popular at the time. No idea if this is an option anymore.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Why selling mate ? Keep it, buy some more Type R's models and make a Type R museum :laugh2:.

Now that you have both side by side how do you compare them. What's your thoughts, pros and cons about each of them ?
Had an ep3 7 years ago. Ep3 handles better, particularly on the beans. Fn2 is more of a GT and the ep3 more of a hot hatch (in the original sense).

41 - 60 of 1266 Posts