2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1276 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Good to hear the set up has give a noticeable difference. Are you building a hooligan tool lol ? lol

Reactions: flashy and tricky70

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #962
Yes >:)

Which brings me on to the next mod. I've done induction, catback and suspension essentials, I'm thinking rbc/prc, dc5 header and cat, k100 remap. Should be good for 230-235. Getting on for 200bhp/ton.

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #963
This clip tells me I need to get to 240bhp >:)

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Get an FN2 5.1 FD in there mate, will liven the EP3 up even more without the need for power mods!

Would be on my "stage 1" mods if I had an EP ;)

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #966
Well, I've bought myself a Tegiwa engine torque damper. Should help reduce engine movement with hard acceleration :grin2:

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #967
Getting fed up with the poor headlight beam so I bought some Meguiars plastx to get rid of the light scratches and oxidation. Megs on the right hand side, the left before being worked on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Looks better, nice job.

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #969
Cheers, looks even better after two more runs. Good buy for £8.50

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #971
Not 100% sure but think it may seal them, if not I have some holts spray

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #972
Well, I've bought myself a Tegiwa engine torque damper. Should help reduce engine movement with hard acceleration :grin2:
It's here and I'm off work Wednesday >:)

Attachments

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #973
Oil catch can fitted.
I've ordered a thread repair nut (bit like a tap die) but it can get into tight areas. M12 x 1.25 to sort my engine mount bracket where one of the top bolts has got a bit chewed. Need to fit the torque damper on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Nice job.
Is that an in and out pipe or 2 ins?

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #976
Prepping the car to fit the torque damper. One of the engine mount bolts had cross threaded when I previously fitted a solid engine mount. Tried to use my die to redo the thread but it would not sit straight (no room Coz of the pulley etc) . So for a fiver I bought a 19mm nut with a 12x1.25 cutting thread. Absolutely chuffed, was a doddle with this. Recommend, especially for tight spots.

Attachments

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #977
Waxed and sealed the paintwork on new year's day, will be quiet now for a while. Hope to get the car kpro'd and remapped this year.

Attachments

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #978
I'm doing car stuff again! I'll be changing the plugs, oil, oil filter and air filter on the missus Renault. Got all the parts I need for less than £40, including NGK plugs, Shell Helix Ultra Fully Synthetic oil and a Bosch filter. Off into the garage now to see if I have all the tools, the oil drain plug requires a square 8mm tool. I may struggle :laugh2:

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Off into the garage now to see if I have all the tools, the oil drain plug requires a square 8mm tool. I may struggle :laugh2:
Halfrauds do a cheap and nasty cast tool for this that seems to do the job nicely :)

961 - 980 of 1276 Posts