2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1276 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,121
Decided to have the guides replaced too, may as well while it's opened up. Got some goodies arriving today :wink3:

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,123
I changed the vtec solenoid gasket last weekend for peace of mind, six days to go until k100 take 2. Will be looking at the missus car this weekend, a bit of oil coming from the undertray drainage hole, I'm hoping it's spillage from the service

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,127
Think it's around the filter housing. It's going back to be sorted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The oil filter housing has an oil cooler built into it. Usually if the right tool isn't used it gets cut n the pipe leaks. Other areas are the timing chain case

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,129
2 days to go, that's come around quick.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,130
I'm excited and nervous in equal measures about tomorrow. Early start, heading off to Wales around 6.30am :thud:

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,132 (Edited)
It's around an hour but I want to be there for opening :grin2:
Gonna grab a coffee and head off for a walk for a couple of hours then head back for the dyno run and mapping. I hope it makes expected power otherwise I don't know what else it could be :frown2: Can't believe it's a valve or piston ring problem as there's not excessive oil use or smoke. Maybe injectors, maybe nothing else. We'll see.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,133 (Edited)
Oh, I've de-stickered too and am thinking about de-badging totally just leave a red H on the front and rear. Might even de wiper the rear, looks cleaner and save another couple of kgs

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,134
New chain on, old one was stretched and the two line ups were about 10mm out. Don't bounce off the limiter guys!!!

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,137
The car is struggling with peak power, the mid range is good but it's flattening up top.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,138
It's fine mid range, made gains there. It peaked at 202bhp but it reached that at 7,100 rpm and stayed there until 8,400 rpm. The cat is my number one suspect, it should have carried on to 215/220bhp.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,139 (Edited)
I debadged and destickered the rear tonight.
Clean.

Cheeky shot including the missus golf. Yes, another black car for me to keep clean :facepalm6:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
It's fine mid range, made gains there. It peaked at 202bhp but it reached that at 7,100 rpm and stayed there until 8,400 rpm. The cat is my number one suspect, it should have carried on to 215/220bhp.
I've lost track now, are you still on a standard system?

1121 - 1140 of 1276 Posts